GP2X Mmsp2 Documentation

dominicbeesley

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I've been looking for a source of documentation for the GP2x hardware. Both for my own coding and to help me understand others code. All the links I've found elsewhere (wiki, board etc) have been broken, specifically a list of hardware registers and their function.

cheers

dom

You want the MMSP2 databook. It's not good for quick reference, but it is a detail listing of registers on the MMSP2. Some doubts have been raised about its accuracy - Squidge found more up-to-date docs somewhere, but he can't post them.

Back in January, it was db.pdf, which is linked on the wiki, but it looks like there's a newer version. I just tried clicking on it and the link works fine for me. I do recall having some issues with Acrobat Reader when I tried this under Windows though - something to do with font packs, general Acrobat upgrades, and about 3 reboots.

gfoot posted on Sep 11 2006 at 02:35 PM said:
You want the MMSP2 databook. It's not good for quick reference, but it is a detail listing of registers on the MMSP2. Some doubts have been raised about its accuracy - Squidge found more up-to-date docs somewhere, but he can't post them.

Not more up-to-date as such, but for a different chip, but still from Magiceyes. Some of the internal peripherals such as the blitter/etc are common, and the information there was more accurate. The docs are under NDA though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back