Mixing Desktops

elw3

ƐʍlƎ
Thihi just to share a pic with you: E16 and xfce running at the same time looks weird, plus it has transparent windows \o/

0On7nNd.jpg
3yVRuzS.jpg

E16 is weird, it has workspaces stacked upon an array of workspaces and you can slide though them like real paper....

Last edited by a moderator:
How exactly are you running them simultaneously? Are you just running the XFCE panel and E16 as the windowmanager?

I do actually love that peel-down virtual desktop feature of E16. It's annoying to me that rasterman got rid of it for E17. I now no longer use E because it's gone.

Yes, E16 plus the Xfce panel/desktop. 

The peel down is weird but i can imagine some use cases for it. 

Loosing features is actually the main problem with Enlightenment. They killed the peel down and the live view for E17. 

Next they introduced E18 and guess what, nothing of the great E17 stuff exist anymore. Finally they even pushed to E19, incompatible with all the modules/themes/whatver that gathered together over the years. 

Personally i use 16.99966441, yea really that many numbers, its the best version in my opinion. 

Yes, E16 plus the Xfce panel/desktop. 

The peel down is weird but i can imagine some use cases for it. 
I used to use it to keep track of different terminals I had open on other desktops while not losing my place in what I was doing. It was such a great feature, I have no idea why they got rid of it. Certainly made Enlightenment unique.

Well E17 is not the successor of E16 tho. 

This E16 built i am using has fresh sources, only a few months old. 

So these are two different systems, if you liked E16 just use it, its not "old" nor outdatet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back