Milkytracker

danboid

Excluding the GPH movie player (which I'd call a util more than an app) and MAME/DrMD/psx4all (which are of course emus), the most impressive APP I've seen on the 2X so far has to be Milkytracker. However, it would be 50X more usable if used in conjuction with a BoB, USB keyboard and mouse. Is this supported in the current version (I don't have access to a BoB yet to test this out) or is it stick and button only right now?

The other feature I'd like to see in 2X Milkytracker is support for 640x480 res mode for those with TV out. I don't suppose it can do this already can it?

Looking forward to Milkytracker being open sourced and also a Open2X optimised build!

How is milkytracker to use in it's current state on the gp2x? I've only been using LGPT up until now, which i've found great, but milky is obviously the daddy :)

Goobers said:
How is milkytracker to use in it's current state on the gp2x? I've only been using LGPT up until now, which i've found great, but milky is obviously the daddy :)
Weekend daddy or regular daddy? Lgpt is the creepy boyfriend since mum got divorced.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, milky has nice graphics ... but as a desktop tracker it feels crippled compared to piggy (lgpt) running on the gp2x.

piggy was designed from the ground up to be usable with nothing but the joystick and buttons on the gamepark, much like LSDJ was designed to be a full featured chip-music-studio on the gameboy.

if you're used to ft2/it/protracker/etc then the grid based song screen in piggy will take a little while to get used to, but it's actually a quite versatile set up much like what you get in the hugely popular "ableton live" software. take a few minutes to tackle the key combinations (they let you work super fast once you catch on), grid based song screen and live mode (stop by #hexawe on efnet if you got any questions) and you will wonder how you tracked before ;)

Back