Milkytracker Resets To Default Settings Every Time

MozartVonRobot

Still Fresh
Every time I start Milky Tracker, all the settings (yes, every single one of them) reset to the defaults. This means, among other things, that I can't change resolution, so I keep having to change the font size instead, every time I start the program. Which makes it a lot harder to read. Here's the thing: I know I've seen Milky Tracker in true full screen (wide) on a Pandora. This tells me that there's some kind of a fix for this.
Would anybody here happen to know what this fix is? Upgrade? Downgrade? Moving a file? Editing a file? A tiny check box I haven't found?
I'd greatly appreciate some help with this, since it seems to me rather wasteful to have thick black bars on the sides when the screen is so small to begin with.

Mozart von Robot said:
Every time I start Milky Tracker, all the settings (yes, every single one of them) reset to the defaults. This means, among other things, that I can't change resolution, so I keep having to change the font size instead, every time I start the program. Which makes it a lot harder to read. Here's the thing: I know I've seen Milky Tracker in true full screen (wide) on a Pandora. This tells me that there's some kind of a fix for this.
Would anybody here happen to know what this fix is? Upgrade? Downgrade? Moving a file? Editing a file? A tiny check box I haven't found?
I'd greatly appreciate some help with this, since it seems to me rather wasteful to have thick black bars on the sides when the screen is so small to begin with.

hi i just tried changing font and resolution all seems working okay after restarting.

try deleteing appdata for milkytracker? then start milkytracker again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleting the configuration file from appdata as well as from the root of my other SD card (what it was doing there, I shall never know) seems to have helped. I should probably have tried this before even posting, but now it's here for anyone who might run into a similar problem. Thank you for the tip.

Both of the configuration files reappear every time. It seems the file on the root of my second card is the one that keeps locking the settings, so I have to delete that every time I wanna change the settings. That seems stupid, but I can live with it if there's no way of keeping it permanently gone.

Back