Midwinter on Castaway

RIPPER

Still Fresh
Hi guys ive not used Castaway yet but after reading a review of ST classic Midwinter in PC Zone i figured id like to play it on the GP32.....so....has anyone played it and if so is it playable.....secondly how do i go about aquiring the rom legally as i havent got a floppy drive? and are there any other classic 3D games fully playable on the GP32....

Cheers for any help guys ;)

It works great.

The only way I know to get it legally is to buy an ST and the game and do something clever to transfer it to the PC, but that is impossible without a floppy drive.

So you might have to break the law a bit - but I didn't say that.

Midwinter is ABANDONWARE...so does this mean it is ok to ask for the rom on this board???

Ive got no quibbles with downloading this rom from Abandonware sites....ive paid my dues to the computer idustry over the years...the irony is i probably owned Midwinter at some point....

...i know rom begging is pretty sad but for **** sake these roms are the birth right of every hardcore gamer :p

Ive got no quibbles with downloading this rom from Abandonware sites....ive paid my dues to the computer idustry over the years...the irony is i probably owned Midwinter at some point....
I guess a lot of us own/owned tons of games and feel the same way but that's not what this is about. I just don't want this site closed or hassled by 'The Videogame Police' because of linking to copyrighted material and I think that's the reason for the rom/warez policy.

Besides, anyone smart enough to get the GP and the emulators up and running shouldn't have any problems finding games like this by him/herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Abandonware is that it costs $4.00 and i dont really want to use my Visa card on these sites as there closely linked with warez and theres a chance of my details ending up online....oh well i figure something out....might have to visit the local Thombstone ;)

Nuff said on this subject for now me thinks.

If there is no way to buy the game from the original developer or publisher, there is no one losing anything if you copy it. Of course, it is still not legal, but no one has ever been charged for it either.

Midwinter works on castaway though, so you should give it a go :)

Back