Flight Of The Amazon Queen

solarice

Website
Visit site
Hi,

Just a quick bit of info for you all, some may already know this.

on www.scummvm.org/ you can get a link to download either the floppy or cd talkie versions of the following:

Beneath a Steel Sky
and Flight of the Amazon Queen

both of which should be playable on the gp32 using the scumm emu. Im getting Flight of the Amazon Queen now so havent tried it yet.

Ive played Beneath a Ssteel Sky before on the amiga and its a very good game.

Oh and their both freeware so no copyright issues. :)

im no 100% sure either, but you can always play them on the pc if they dont. :)

UPDATE:

Yeah your right on the ScummVM for the GP32 site it states "LucasArts only in 0.5.1 alpha" hmm oh well, they possibly will be supported in the future though.

omg omg omg omg I've been looking for FOTAQ for ages!! :D

I've got BaSS on CD already, but I never bothered copying the files over to my GP32 because I read somewhere that it wouldn't work on DJWillis' port of ScummVM. I think the same goes for all non-Lucas Scumm games.

If anyone gets round to trying these and they DO work after all, please share it so we can all join in the fun :D

Simply said, they won't. gpScumm doesn't support ANY non-original SCUMM games. (All the games from Lucas are SCUMM). I forgot why. DJWillis?

I think SCUMM means : Script Creator Utilities for Maniac Mansion...
should be something like that
It is sad that those 2 games wont work
I hope they will be supported in a near future :D

see you :lol:

I think SCUMM means : Script Creator Utilities for Maniac Mansion...
should be something like that
It is sad that those 2 games wont work
I hope they will be supported in a near future :D

see you :lol:
Well, maybe Manic mansion for NES does work then?

Oh I have to go and play it on my NES now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both games won't run with gpSCUMM cause this port is out-to-date. Someone has to make a port of the new ScummVM versions.

The same with the DC version... the latest ScummVM version wasn't ported to DC yet, BASS works but FotAQ won't.

ive just finished downloading it....and id have to agree with Q-WI_Q, the voice acting is terrible. this may be one game thats worth playing without sound.

Well, with a any luck they'll be supported in future versions; or rather, when the bugs are worked out of the builds based on 0.7.0. We can but hope :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,

Oh, just noticed this, sorry if my response is a little rambling, just got back from Paris and I am hanging :D.

Just to clear a few things up. ScummVM for the GP32 is sort of on a ‘go slow’ (unless any GP32 C++ guru’s want to give me a hand) following an incident involving my only GP32, our work placement and the euro firmware FXE :eek:.
As soon as I have that fixed (and sort my jTag lead) I’ll get stuck in to trying to sort the more evil crashes in the ‘newish’ backend. Following ScummVM 0.6.0 some big changes where made to the class system effecting the GP32 (and all other) ports leading to a large rewrite to sort it cleanly (and hopefully fully support the non-scumm games)

ScummVM for the GP32 is based on ScummVM 0.5.1 for the public builds and the versions a lot of you have from #GP32Dev is based on 0.6.0 CVS – NO VERSION I have released to anybody outside my own team supports any non-Scumm games for people who keep mailing me about it ;).

As stated earlier ScummVM stands for (LucasArts) Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion – Virtual Machine. The class system it uses was extended to support non-Scumm games some time ago starting with the import of the Simon engine (developed separately from ScummVM by ScummVM’s original author, then merged), then BASS and now Fate of the Amazon Queen and the Inherit engine. Not all ports support the non-Scumm games (The DreamCast did not until comparatively recently, same for PalmOS and neither support all the non-Scumm games).

My aim with the GP32 port was to add support for all the 320*240 (or lower) resolution Scumm games initially and put some nice to haves like MP3/OGG support etc.

I started doing this for little more then my own (sick) amusement and I still only do it in my spare time (and that’s somewhat precious at the moment) so if/when there is something to say about development I’ll say it ;). If anybody wants to help (and can REALLY help in some way) let me know, it could move the whole thing along a lot quicker :D.

Oh, and for the record, the 0.5.1 GP32 port supports Manic Mansion very well (looking at the above question).

I'm probably going to get shot for this :eek: but in the readme for gpscumm it appears that the Simon series as well as BASS is working? I'm so confused.

Note: This list is far from complete.

Day of the Tentacle (CD) - Copy the DOTT.000, DOTT.001 to tentacle, if you want sfx/speech, use the below section on compressing the MONSTER.SOU to MP3/OGG.
Day of the Tentacle (Floppy) - Copy TENTACLE.000, TENTACLE.001, and MONSTER.SOU to tentacle for talk in the intro and sound effects.
Maniac Mansion - Copy the .LFL files (yes, all of them!) and MANIAC.OVL to maniac.
Zak McKracken (256color FM Towns) - Copy the .LFL files, ZAK.EXP and track1-23.OGG/MP3 to zak256 (use the Encoding sound to MP3/OGG, CD section lower in this document).
Sam 'n Max (CD and Floppy) - Copy SAMNMAX.000, SAMNMAX.001 to samnmax, if you want sound turn on sfx/speech, use the below section on MONSTER.SOU to MP3/OGG.
Simon the Sorcerer 1 (DOS non-talkie) - copy icon.dat, gamepc, all the tables?? files, TBLLIST, all the TEXT?? files, MT_FM.IBK, DISK.ID, all the .MUS files, FREEMEM.SIZ, all the .VGA files to simon1dos. (for speech and sound effects use the below Simon the Sorcerer sfx/speech encoding section).
Simon the Sorcerer 2 (DOS) - Copy .ADD files, .ADV files, SETD.SND, ICON.DAT, GAME32, TBLLIST, SIMON2.GME, SETUP.MUS, and FREEMEM.SIZ to simon2dos. (for speech and sound effects use the below Simon the Sorcerer sfx/speech encoding section)
Loom - Copy the .LFL files, DISK01.LEC, and Track1.ogg or Track1.mp3 (use the Encoding sound to MP3/OGG, CD section lower in this document) to loom.
Indiana Jones 3 - Copy the .ID files, and the .LFL files to indy3.
Indiana Jones 4 - Copy the ATLANTIS.000, ATLANTIS.001 to atlantis if you want sfx/speech, use the below section on MONSTER.SOU to MP3/OGG.
Monkey Island 1 (CD) - Copy the MONKEY.000, MONKEY.001 and track1-track23.OGG/MP3 (use the Encoding sound to MP3/OGG, CD section lower in this document) to monkey.
Monkey Island 2 - Copy the MONKEY2.000, MONKEY2.001 to monkey2.
Beneath a Steel Sky (CD and Floppy) - Copy all files in the archive to a BASS folder on your SMC.

I'd love to play these games as well as the Lucasarts series.

zj_jeepster,

I am not going to shoot you, club you about with a wet fish maybe but not shoot.

You noticed of course that the top of the README has the following statement.

"This ALPHA version only supports the VGA LucasArts games (and then, only the ones that fit on an SMC obviously). The Simons and BASS are disabled in this build due to memory allocation issues that make them VERY unstable."

Just to make this more clear. Non Scumm games fuck up your SMC and crash a lot :D. The readme was put together after I got BASS/Simon working before I realised how much damage it could do ;). By the time I got most things sorted the 0.6.0 changes where well underway and so and work I was doing on the old 0.5.1 code base went by the wayside.

Back