Meteorite Shower Tonight

Anyone else planning to see it? I don't know how the rest of the world fares, but apparently it will be visible in the UK.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain as the forecast says.

If you get any nice photos, I'd love to see them.

SomeGuy99 said:
Anyone else planning to see it? I don't know how the rest of the world fares, but apparently it will be visible in the UK.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain as the forecast says.

If you get any nice photos, I'd love to see them.

Forecast for here can go either way, so I'm expecting clouds with possibly heavy thunderstorms. If it's clear, I'll be outside (I'm at work tonight) on my break :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take my Holga outside, see if I can get anything. Probably won't show up on film, but it'll look nice if it does.

Seconding a request for a time though.

Nova said:
I'll take my Holga outside, see if I can get anything. Probably won't show up on film, but it'll look nice if it does.

Seconding a request for a time though.

12, from what I heard.

I hope so. 5 of us are walking up a hill, and that's effort at that kinda time.

Saw quite a few really bright meteorites while I was in the back garden! So I set my holga up on a tripod. It has a function that keeps the lens aperture open as long as the shutter is held down. So I jammed that down with a piece of card, and when the Holgs was aimed at the sky I took the lens cap off. I'll leave it out there for a few hours and hopefully when the film is developed, there'll be some nice trails. Hopefully. God I love toy cameras.

I did lose my lens cap though. D:

(naw)mcx said:
Successful night was successful!

Get any good photos?

Well I saw 6 from my bedroom window. Probably would have been better without the light pollution. Was going to go out of town for it but thought that walking along the Forth and Clyde canal myself at midnight may not have been the brightest of ideas

Apparently not good!

El Reg commentards show their disdain here
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2010/08/13/perseid_meteors/
Best Comment: The clouds parted - to reveal higher altitude clouds

The Mail thought it was 'thrilling' though
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1302695/Perseids-meteor-shower-thrills-star-gazers.html
but some of their pics look dodgy (as in star arcs, not meteors and last year's pics. <_<

Back