Megadrive

Forgot aabout Final Fight CD, Prince of Persia, the US version of Sonic CD (had the better soundtrack - which Crush40 covered at the latest Sonic Boom)*

Sol-Feace was a pretty good shooter as well, I brought it from a car boot sale for 50p and it was a double pack with Cobra Command.

I was about to get a picture of some of my collection but the camera on my phone decided it'd be better to die on me.

Has there ever been a good FMV game?
Well, there was Super Adventure Rockman (a lesser-known and, obviously, never localised Mega Man title), but that came about some years after the Mega CD's demise. :p

I still have mad dog mcree on pccd somewhere, used to like playing that.

used to like rebel assault 2 as well

I almost bought Beggar Prince a while ago but the reviews made it sound dull, the same for Wukong. I like the look of Star Odyssey though, I might have to get that.
I think gamers of today are to critical. They compare the games to the very best of there genre and if they are not as good then they suck.

Begger Prince and Legend of Wukong are not bad games. They are not the best RPG's on the Mega Drive but they are enjoyable.

For Star Odyssey, i dont know how good it is. I still wait for it to arrive, which can take some time because of customs. But it looks realy good and there are not many RPG's on the Mega Drive anyway, so i am pretty sure it's worth to buy. As long as we can get it for that price.

How do you have your MD set up?
Just with composite on a old Commodore monitor. It's small but the image is excelent. If i have some spare money i will buy a bigger one.

Thats my gaming setup:

gamingsetup.jpg

@ Thorium

Very nice collection you have there and I love your glass shelves too.
Thanks, that was just a part of the shelves.

Thats my complete game collection except for my early RPG collection.

That photo is a bit older than the one of the Mega Drive collection:

vitrinen.jpg

Thats a great collection and very nice in the glass cabs. I wish mine weren't all stuffed in the attic, or buried in cupboards nowadays. Lots of kids and too little time.
biggrin.gif

Just wondering, does any like Dark Castle on MegaDrive, because no matter how much I play it I just can't seem to forget the fact that a kb & mouse is more suited for this game.

I can't help thinking that immense looking games table needs a large screen overhead to enjoy them all on, though I'm sure the quality is nice on the Commodore as you say - and I guess when most people were playing those machines originally back in the day it was similar screens.

Like the 4 bean bags touch too, nice rig all in all. I'd like a day at those shelves too exploring what gems are amongst it all.

Any you guys got a driving simulator rig going on, seen some sweet ones of those - with joint multiscreens is nice

my friend used to have a driving sim rig in his garage some years ago, and ironically his mum came round and dropped clutch in the driveway, straight through the door and crushed his rig, his driving sim got rear ended, saved the screens though.

Now you said about driving sims though I think i'm going to have a game on Hard Drivin' on the MD.

my friend used to have a driving sim rig in his garage some years ago, and ironically his mum came round and dropped clutch in the driveway, straight through the door and crushed his rig, his driving sim got rear ended, saved the screens though.

Now that's what I call...

csi-david-caruso-shades.jpg

...hard driving.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also, the Playstation version of Race Drivin' (called Race Drivin' A Go Go) is much better.

I remember going to Alton Towers when I was much younger and they had a Hard Drivin' cab there at the end of the Black Hole ride, next to the After Burner one, spent much of my monies there.

BIC Center in Bournemouth. I used to play the Hard Drivin cab there, along with Opperation Wolf.

Good times

Game was hard for me then though and my quids didn't last long at all

I grew up in Weston-super-Mare, so there were pleeenty of arcade machines to play down the strip. Mr B's had the sit down hard drivin' cab, and afterburner. I only ever sunk my money into scrolling beat em ups though. Final fight, captain commando, shadow warriors, splatter house, turtles, xmen, all of those and more!

I managed to snag myself a few more CD games over the last couple of weeks. I've got sol feace/cobra command, arcade collection, robo aleste, thunderhawk, and silpheed.

Hello, I'm a Megadrive fan too :) As many of you, I was disappointed with the image quality on my LCD TV.

I've recently discovered and bought the expensive "XRGB mini" device.

It's an hardware upscaler, basically, it imitates the CRT TV rendering (scanlined) on modern HD TV. You just plug the Megadrive scart cable in the XRGB, then HDMI cable from XRGB to the TV.

The result is amazing: it even fixes some issues I had with other consoles (European Saturn) connected directly to my TV (e.g: black screen, lost synchronization ...).

Back