Mega Cd Emulation...

foleyjo said:
just so people know Ive been using Cue/Bin images of my Mega CD disks and they work fine. Much easier than the ISO+MP3 way.
To make the image I use ultraISO.
Yes but you won't get CD music that way. It is also possible to use BIN+MP3, but it will use (much) more space.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to play a Mega CD game where the music hasnt worked. Maybe ive just been lucky and the games I have dont have CD music :D

i just tried sonic cd the other morning (hadnt played a mega cd game before then but id seen ecco the dolphin working) i am amazed, the game runs perfectly and the music is much better than the mega drive version.

Samba Pa Ti said:
i just tried sonic cd the other morning (hadnt played a mega cd game before then but id seen ecco the dolphin working) i am amazed, the game runs perfectly and the music is much better than the mega drive version.
No such thing, sir. ;)

I won't be liked for saying this but if you think this is running games full speed you are deadset kidding yourself. It's nowhere near it. I just don't get why everyone has to exaggerate on here.

I am amazed that it runs as fast as it does though, given that it's not the first emulator you'd expect to find.

emulazione88 said:
I won't be liked for saying this but if you think this is running games full speed you are deadset kidding yourself. It's nowhere near it. I just don't get why everyone has to exaggerate on here.

I am amazed that it runs as fast as it does though, given that it's not the first emulator you'd expect to find.
Most of my mega cd games run on this emulator full speed. True a few games dont but most do. Even the FMV ones

Some games, like Space Adventure Cobra, run pretty poorly, but I'd have to say, most Mega CD games I've tried run like a dream - and this is without exaggeration. Snatcher was my first Picodrive experiment...and it's still on my machine. Works beautifully.

It's great to have a mega cd emulator on gp2x, thanks Notaz. People who have played Snatcher and Sonic cd say they run at full speed which is fanatastic

How well do these following games run? Are they full speed with sound and no problems?

Lunar Silver Star
Lunar Eternal blue
Popful Mail
Dark Wizard
Shining Force cd
The Terminator

Thanks.

I know Popful Mail works quite nicely. The few levels I've played thus far are perfect, save for a few loading pauses that COULD turn a few people away. But, in saying that, I haven't really tweaked my Picodrive settings for this title, so perhaps others have had an even better gaming experience with Popful Mail.

Back