Mega Cd Problems

Boil'em'Mash'emStick

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, I know this is a bit off topic, (hence off topic board) but today i bought a mega drive II and a mega cd II with some games for £15, (sweeeet). I plug both the power packs in , one for the mega drive and one for the mega cd, then I switch both on, but when I turn the mega drive power switch on, the mega drive turns on as if the mega cd wasn't even there! I see no signs of life from the mega cd. Any suggestions? I bought the mega cd in the hopes of playing sonic cd on it. Not the crappy pc port. There is no cartridge in the mega drive slot, and i put a cd in the mega cd.
P.S i also bought freedom fighters for pc for £1!

i've got this problem too. i think the most likely thing is that the inturnal fuse has blown, well thats what i think is wrong with mine, i just haven't been fucked to fix it

have you checked the connections for smeg/damage could be your problem.Are there any megacd games worth gfetting the set up for?I'm not trying to be funny i've just never seen one working except playing some fmv thing sewer shark or somesuch.

hey crocomire love your sig red dwarf rules."I SAY LETS GET OUT THERE AND TWAT IT!"

The mega cd is emulated pretty much perfectly with GENS, but i think you need an original cd, or a copy. You have to download some bios files, then put a cd in and click file>boot cd. Also, Snatcher is supposed to be pretty good because it was made by Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear)

CRAP! I just opened up my mega cd, and the motherboard on the PAL versions must be different from the ones on the only guide I could find, because I don't know which ones the fuse!

Back