Meego Port Anyone?

milkshake

Advanced Member
Do you think it might be possible that any one would port MeeGo to the Pandora?
It looks almost as if it were designed for a device like ours and user-friendly to boot.

There is a port for the Nokia N900 already and doesn't that share some specs with the Pandora?

Engadget Post - click here
Official Site - click here

If any devs read this please take action :)

EDIT:
sorry to resurrect and old thread but since all this talk about android on pandora I thought I would re-visit peoples opinions of meego for pandora if possible :)

Right now the Meego Handset version is still under heavy development and not usable(except for development purpose).

do you think its something that will be usable when the handset version is finished? how about the laptop version is that something that can be ported?

It should be usable, but will take a while, I suppose.
Here are some screenshots:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49928

It's best to check TMO's Meego section for more info:
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

The Netbook version is for x86 and higher resolution displays. I don't know how much work would be involved to make it usable on Pandora, as I'm just a random guy and no developer.

To run MeeGo on Pandora you would need to ARM version/N900 which is just CLI only and is not in the best shape, which Mali has already stated.

The links Mali gave are pretty old. There is no "available" version of Meego for ARM with a handheld UX.

There would be no point going thru all the hassle of porting the X86 version to Pandora.

The Mini Menu's we have on Pandora look better. Just wait until August (ish) 3Q 2010 until a better N900 release has come out.

sorry to resurrect and old thread but since all this talk about android on pandora I thought I would re-visit peoples opinions of meego for pandora if possible :)

[bump]

Hi,

Sorry for the grave digging, but I installed MeeGo recently on a netbook (intel atom based) and it ran really fine, with a beautiful and intuitive interface :)

I also think it could be a nice alternative to Angstrom !

Bye, Magic Sam

[/bump]

[bump]

MeeGo is officially dead.
Intel is outsourcing its efforts to the Linux Foundation/LiMo.
They're creating "Tizen".

RIP

Back