Media Player

I got to #5 but when I press and release the R or L triggers they show in the box (SHIFT / CONTROL) but when I release them the box returns to it's previous setting.
restart audacious, retry. If still doesnt work, please post /tmp/pndrun_audacious.out

I reset the Pandora and it still didn't work.

I'll post the pndrun_audacious.out later.

I saw a breakout box for the Pandora quote a while ago, would it be possible to construct such a device to remotely control a media player on the Pandora?

For example could we get an existing wired remote and hack it so that it that allowed it to plug into the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love audacious-pandora to bits ... :) use it daily, and it scrobbles niceley, I wish it handled tags a bit better though, songs that are correctly scrobbled from my PC using foobar2000 are shown to be missing tags in audacious.

I love audacious-pandora to bits ... :) use it daily, and it scrobbles niceley, I wish it handled tags a bit better though, songs that are correctly scrobbled from my PC using foobar2000 are shown to be missing tags in audacious.
Is there any way to show album art bigger than in the menu strip?

Any plugins / EQ settings I should try?

Audacious would get my vote as well - although it's got a bug at the moment where once you pause it, it wont unpause/play again. Strange.

nobody else has pause/resume issues with audacious? why is it only me!? just like everyone else, im getting my pnds from repo

I don't have any issues, a

nobody else has pause/resume issues with audacious? why is it only me!? just like everyone else, im getting my pnds from repo

I don't have any issues, hopefully someone will see your post and be able to offer advice.

I saw a breakout box for the Pandora quote a while ago, would it be possible to construct such a device to remotely control a media player on the Pandora?

For example could we get an existing wired remote and hack it so that it that allowed it to plug into the Pandora?

The easiest thing would be to use an usbkeyboard, renove the keyboard and wire some buttons to the controller. Package everything in a nice box andconnect to the Pandora. Remap the keys to work with your new controller and voila.

Sorry dude, this is the same problem I'm having as well, didnt notice you were having it too!
I'm sorry boys, I just cannot reproduce your issue :(
is there ANYTHING you know that would hold data for it, as even after a pnd/appdata repacement, i still have the exact same thing. for what its worth, here is my output

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/SD1/pandora/desktop/audacious.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/SD1/pandora/appdata/audacious

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/audacious2.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/audacious"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1/pandora/appdata/audacious=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/audacious=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/audacious"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/audacious2.sh ) ----------

** (audacious:1567): WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Transport/gio.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/mnt/utmp/audacious/.smb/smb.conf":

No such file or directory

params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/mnt/utmp/audacious/.smb/smb.conf.append":

No such file or directory

Using netbios name VEKI-OPENPANDORA.

Using workgroup MYGROUP.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Input/ffaudio.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Output/jackout.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Effect/ladspa.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/alarm.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/evdev-plug.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/streambrowser.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Visualization/paranormal.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Visualization/spectrum.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

alsa: snd_device_name_hint failed: Invalid argument.

alsa: snd_pcm_pause failed: Input/output error.

alsa: snd_pcm_pause failed: Input/output error.

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/audacious2.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/audacious': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 16

I got to #5 but when I press and release the R or L triggers they show in the box (SHIFT / CONTROL) but when I release them the box returns to it's previous setting.
restart audacious, retry. If still doesnt work, please post /tmp/pndrun_audacious.out
pndrun_audacious.out as requested.

PND : /media/SD1_16GB/pandora/menu/audacious.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/SD1_16GB/pandora/appdata/audacious

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/audacious2.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/audacious"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1_16GB/pandora/appdata/audacious=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/audacious=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/audacious"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting user configured pre-script ----------

xmodmap: unknown command on line stdin:3

xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.

[ FAILED]--- Starting user configured pre-script ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/audacious2.sh ) ----------

** (audacious:4135): WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Transport/gio.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Input/ffaudio.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Output/jackout.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Effect/ladspa.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/alarm.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/evdev-plug.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/General/streambrowser.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Visualization/paranormal.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

*** ERROR: /mnt/utmp/audacious/lib/audacious/Visualization/spectrum.so is not compatible with this version of Audacious.

** (audacious:4135): CRITICAL **: mpg123_playback_worker: assertion `file' failed

** (audacious:4135): CRITICAL **: mpg123_playback_worker: assertion `file' failed

Code:
[ START ]--- Starting user configured pre-script ----------

xmodmap: unknown command on line stdin:3

xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.

[ FAILED]--- Starting user configured pre-script ----------
As I suspected, xmodmap wasnt happy with the new script.

Could you please reset the PND_pre_script.sh to it's initial value :

Code:
#!/bin/sh

xmodmap - <<ENDL

keycode  62 = XF86AudioPrev NoSymbol XF86AudioPrev

keycode 105 = XF86AudioNext NoSymbol XF86AudioNext

ENDL

And retry my procedure ?

is there ANYTHING you know that would hold data for it, as even after a pnd/appdata repacement, i still have the exact same thing. for what its worth, here is my output
I'm just not getting it :(

As you might have seen, Ian J is getting the same errors in his logs without having your issue.

As a matter of fact you're running audacious 3.0.1, right ?

3.0.1.1, freshly downloaded from repo.openpandora.org with brand new appdata running hf7b1 using xfce playing mp3s and flacs

Sorry dude, this is the same problem I'm having as well, didnt notice you were having it too!
I'm sorry boys, I just cannot reproduce your issue :(
I also had this problem on one Zaxxon installation. I don't know what had triggered it either, but it might have been that I updated to a newer version (this was some months ago) (I might well be wrong about this). It was a Zaxxon installation that I had used for very few things. Once the bug was there, it remained forever -- I did not attempt to fix it though, so I didn't even try deleting the appdata or something like that and thus can not provide any more information.

I also had this problem on one Zaxxon installation. I don't know what had triggered it either, but it might have been that I updated to a newer version (this was some months ago) (I might well be wrong about this). It was a Zaxxon installation that I had used for very few things. Once the bug was there, it remained forever -- I did not attempt to fix it though, so I didn't even try deleting the appdata or something like that and thus can not provide any more information.
The mummy have this issues since months. I bet he have reflashed since then :(

^ Using an older version of Audacious ("About Audacious" says this is version 2.5.0 , the SHA-1 hash of the 'audacious.pnd' in use is 439b91248f79d2907bc92f8d95e121920f2bdb6c ) for a fresh Audacios "installation", I triggered the broken pause behavior with the following steps (I do not know whether this behavior is reproducible):

1. Run Audacious from LXPanel menu
  2. Click "Playlist" -> "Sort" -> "By Artist"
  3. Click "Add Files" icon (green "+" icon) in UI
  4. Click "Cancel"
  5. Click "Open Files" icon ("folder" icon left of green "+" icon) in UI
  6. Click "Cancel"
  7. Click "Add Files" Icon (green "+" icon) again
  8. Browse to '/media/mmcblk0p1/' and highlight the folder '/media/mmcblk0p1/music/'
  9. Click "Add"

10. While songs are being loaded: Click "Repeat" icon in top-left corner of UI
  11. While songs are still being loaded: Click "Shuffle" icon in top-left corner of UI
  12. After all songs have been loaded: Click "Playlist" -> "Sort" -> "By Artist" again
  13. Maximize window (from window decoration)

14. Play song (duration of this particular song: 6:19 Min.), shortly before it ends press "Enter" on keyboard to restart song
  15. About halfway into the song, press "Enter" on keyboard to restart song again
  16. Scrub to approximately the middle of the song by holding "D-Pad Right"
  17. Pause the song by pressing "Space" on the keyboard
  18. Unpause the song by pressing "Space" on the keyboard
  19. Pause the song again by pressing "Space" on the keyboard
  20. Upon pressing "Space" on the keyboard another time, the song isn't being unpaused. The "Play" icon in the UI does change to the "Pause" icon however, and will flip from pause icon to play icon and from play icon to pause icon with every subsequent press of the keyboard key "Space" (the software reacts swiftly and does not "hang"); nothing else appears to be happening.

heres what i do.

1.press pause

2.cant unpause

3.delete audacious pnd/appdata

4.redownload pnd from repo, using midori/pndstore/panorama

5.press pause.

6.cant unpause

:|

so i take it it's gotta be related to something else other than audacious thats giving this error, question is, what?

^ Are you running anything else at the same time that might be clashing with it, maybe?

Or, is Audacious somehow writing to something on the NAND when it shouldn't? This one's not likely, I know - isn't that pretty much impossible now? The reason I mention it, though, is because there used to be - and there might still be - an "appdata" directory on the NAND, and if a Hotfix updater failed to work, it wasn't obvious why it wouldn't work again if you only checked appdata on your SD Card (the solution, of course, was to remove the entry from the on-NAND appdata directory)... I'm wondering if something similar is at play here, considering the similar way that the problem is sticking around. :p

Back