Massive Problem

wolly wotsit

ad astra per alia porci
Website
Visit site
help, when i link up to my pc it says that the smc is unformatted, altough it is and if i try to format it it tells me that theres a link error, im using pacrom link up, and i cant use the euro f/w link up because ive flashed to aqua fishes multi f/w ant the euro f/w link up dosnt work with it, so i dont know if it is just pacrom playing up, any idea whats wrong.

i cant use the euro f/w link up because ive flashed to aqua fishes multi f/w ant the euro f/w link up dosnt work with it, ,
That was supposed to be a quote, i guess i did it wrong

I use aquafishes multifirmware and the euro pc link works just fine for me.

ok, thats hard to read....
so you have pacrom, format with pacrom, than use the pclink of eufw if your fw uses eufw bios as a basis, if not the pacrom plink should work.

ok look, forget the eufw, im using pacrom link and trying to use pclink i connect up and pacrom says every things fine when pc link loads it tells me (pclink) that my smc has not been formatted, i then try with pclink to format, but it (pacrom) tells me that i have a link error

generalnmx posted on Sep 8 2004 at 07:47 PM said:
Try "SMC Recovery" option with Pacrom, that'll format it locally.

just Tried it pclink still dosnt accept it , im scared, dont wanna loose my gp. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
image007.jpg

Just tried using eufw

Get an SMC reader for £10 / $10 . It saves you so much hassle in the long term ;) Its more likely to do with the driver on the PC. If you have a recent restore point or something use that.

It's a long shot, have you just installed xp sp2? It's been know to mess up peoples link drivers, if you have reinstalling your drivers should help.

Back