C64 Improvements On Gp2x

jwh1977

Still Fresh
Hi peeps!

I'm am a real big C64 fan and have been waiting for USB keyboard and joystick support on the GP2x for ages. It's a real shame VICE and FRODO are lacking it and I can't see why as the standard Linux port works fine with these USB devices.

Lets start a bounty up for successful implementation of the code.

I am willing to contribute £30 into the pot. Who else will join the fray??

:unsure:

jimbob jones said:
Hi peeps!

I'm am a real big C64 fan and have been waiting for USB keyboard and joystick support on the GP2x for ages. It's a real shame VICE and FRODO are lacking it and I can't see why as the standard Linux port works fine with these USB devices.

Lets start a bounty up for successful implementation of the code.

I am willing to contribute £30 into the pot. Who else will join the fray??

:unsure:
Ive never tried a USB keyboard with either C64 emu's. Seems if they support keyboard actions when run on a system that always has a keyboard it should work on the GP2X side.
The keyboard your trying to use, does it work with other applications that are known to support keyboards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Always nice to see improvements on c64 emulation. I don't care about USB keyboard or USB joystick support though, I've got a PC ;)
Would love to see touch screen support, that would make a lot more games fully playable on the F200.

Yea - both the joysticks and keyboard work on other Apps fine so I know its definitely a Frodo and VICE issue.

I basically want to be able to use the GP2X as a C64 replacement - the on screen keyboard is no good for many games and I don't want to wear out the GP2x buttons - so USB with cradle seemed to be the way to go.

jimbob jones said:
I basically want to be able to use the GP2X as a C64 replacement - the on screen keyboard is no good for many games and I don't want to wear out the GP2x buttons - so USB with cradle seemed to be the way to go.
Nothing can replace a real C64

foleyjo said:
Nothing can replace a real C64
The pandora will be a fantastic mini C64 :)

jimbob jones said:
Yea - both the joysticks and keyboard work on other Apps fine so I know its definitely a Frodo and VICE issue.

There is no on screen keyboard yet, so it's even worse. For real C64 addicts like you, it could be a nice addition. Good luck :)

VICE GP2X does have one of the best virtual keyboards I've seen for any GP2X emulator. It's *almost* as good as the real thing. I've even written in BASIC with it.

Is this only for F100s? Does the F200 USB situation make keyboards impossible?

Yes, I'd say put your 30 quid towards a Pandora - I expect there will, at some stage, hopefully be a great, touchscreen support, C64 emu :)

I am very much looking forward to when pre-orders open.... :)

centrlink said:
Yes, I'd say put your 30 quid towards a Pandora - I expect there will, at some stage, hopefully be a great, touchscreen support, C64 emu :)

I am very much looking forward to when pre-orders open.... :)
Doesn't help us F100 users (sniff) :(

Back