Mame4All

Eng

Still Fresh
the emulator registers movements to the 'left' or 'down' after I've loaded a ROM and on the ingame menu

but the stick is neutral

I'm pretty sure my stick is ok as this error only happens when MAME is running a ROM

I used MAME4ALL resources to create a subset of games and used it's cfg/frontend/nvram folders too

^ not sure it that may have created the problem??

anyway, if anyone has had this problem, or hasn't and knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate your input

thanks.

You are not using the Wiz mame resources kit with the Caanoo, are you? That kit only works for the Wiz. You can still use the rom subset, but leave the frontend alone, and I couldn't get the cheats from that kit to work either. Also, the rom subset from that isn’t very good, assuming you are using the all.bat, as it leaves all sorts of needed roms missing. I fixed that by generating a new set with clrmamepro, telling it to fix anynmissing roms (that took be a bit to figure all out though).

I'm not certain if it was specifically for Wiz. are you saying there isn't a MAME resources kit for the Caanoo?

either way I'll reset the frontend and see if that helps, if not I'll start from scratch with the new MAME

agreed about the subset. I didn't use the all.bat though

I think I just combined 'best' with another set because creating my own seemed too complex

thanks for the reply.

Back