Mame4All

euroweb

Still Fresh
I used my MAME 1.43 ROM's (which of course work fine with MAMEUI) and they do not work with MAME4All.

After researching, I found out MAME4All does not support newer ROM sets.
I believe it supports .34/.35 (according to homepage), although someone (who admittedly did not seem sure said it could be .37b5).

- I may try to fix the incompatible ROM's using CLRMAME Pro and the 'rebuild' function, but I need the right clrmame.dat file first (to match the ROM set.

Before I start, can anyone confirm which ROM set they are using with MAME4all, so I can get the proper clrmame.dat file to use with Clrmame Pro?

Thanks!

Mame4All uses indeed 0.37b5. It would be the easiest to look for a specific Mame4All or MameGP2x Romset. Even if you have the correct Dat file, you can't rebuild the 0.37b5 Roms from your 0.143 Romset, the reason is many Rom dumps were replaced by better dumps after 0.37b5, all ClrMame can do for you in this case is fix the names of the dumped roms, if they were different then, but you will definitely end up with inclomplete Sets.

Thanks a lot to both of you!
I appreciate the detailed info about rebuilding likely not working in this case and also the ROM finding tip.

Just put them in the roms folder, leaving them zipped. As alluded to you may need to be sure it's compatible with the MAME gamelist. I think there are sites where you can download a complete rom set, but a lot of them will not work on the Caanoo.

Check this "quite good" Caanoo downloads page for a fully working Caanoo MAME4ALL rom collection in 3 zips.

Removed

There are about 1000 there. I should have leaked this sooner, but kept forgetting.

Have fun!

Back