Mame

Jr2swiss

Website
Visit site
Yeah i was wondering does the Mame emulator have built in games or do you download the roms like you would be able to play metal slug or what have you.

Like any emulator, you would have to download roms for it. Additionally - there is, essentially, no chance that Metal Slug will be emulated on the Gp32.

metal slug 1 and 2 works on the neo-geo pocket but the screen is small.if you make it full screen ull need to overclock to 166.

iain posted on Feb 4 2004 at 12:29 PM said:
metal slug 1 and 2 works on the neo-geo pocket but the screen is small.if you make it full screen ull need to overclock to 166.
Metal Slug 1 and 2 on the NeoGeo Pocket are not and should not be compared to the regular Metal Slug versions.

People shouldn't expect more modern arcade games to run on the GP32. Just take a look at some of the sytem requirements for modern games, not to mention romsizes (Metal Slug is 12,5MB and it's not the biggest NeoGeo game)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah despite the high specs the biggest problem is the GP32's ram, loading a 12mb + rom into only 8MB is impossible...it's also one of the reasons GBA emulation has been difficult.

If mashmods.com would consider offering the 32Mb upgrade at a reasonable price I would be seriously tempted, especially as it would encourage programmers to add the code for both 8Mb and 32Mb systems.
By the way, there is no chance I am performing that modification myself.
Regards
Carlos

carlgeorge posted on Feb 4 2004 at 03:48 PM said:
If mashmods.com would consider offering the 32Mb upgrade at a reasonable price I would be seriously tempted, especially as it would encourage programmers to add the code for both 8Mb and 32Mb systems.
By the way, there is no chance I am performing that modification myself.
Regards
Carlos
yup, i'm for that

btw - any news anywhere about these chatboard thingies ?

back on track.. fingers crossed for a full-screen pocket neo from thunderz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back