Mame

Bluefrog posted on Apr 16 2005 at 04:07 AM said:
:(

Meh, I shoulda known. Oh well... I can always HUNT DOWN moonwalker for Megadrive.

great game although if your gp32 cant do diaganles forget it... like me like the game but its hard for me to get uo and down the ladders and if i do it it takes ages, but ggod luck anyway...

-wishes for the day metal slug will be on gp32.... hint hint.... Quist... im jus joking theres more work to be done on it know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the newer mame games try to allocate silly amounts of memory like 16mb chunks for the graphics, which, considering we only have 8mb, just isn't going to happen without complete re-writes of parts of the mame core to make it dynamically load parts when necessary.

They allocate it and use it. Since MAME was written for the PC, 16mb is nothing, and probably speeds up the emulation. No doub't if it was written again for a device with a much smaller amount of memory, it would be rewritten.

I do the same - for example, in one part of my PCE emu's rendering routines, it can use up 4 bytes to do a certain part of it, or use 524,288 bytes and do the same thing, but significantly faster. Considering I've got 8mb to play with, I use the later, but it obviously wouldn't work on a GBA.

Back