Mame

A little offtopic:
When I was reading old posts, I read that new version of GP32, BLU + has a problem with SNES emu, it can't run(any version). Is it fixed now or can I download emu, which will work?

The SNES emu was pretty useless to begin with, but someone made a BLU+ version that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, of course, but I'm a little sentimental person, you now playing on emulator isn't the same and I wasn't sure if GP32 emulate all games that I want. But now...

The other thing is that the screen on the GP32 is bigger, has MUCH better contrast/brightness, is sharper, and has faster response time than the one on the Nomad. I remember the Nomad screen as small, washed out, blurry, and would smear on fast scrollers. While the frame rate may be better on some games on the nomad, that screen ruins it.

Oh yeah, the Nomad will burn through 6 AA batteries in an hour. The GP32 BLU will last around 4-5 hours on 2 good AA rechargeables.

Yeah, of course, but I'm a little sentimental person, you now playing on emulator isn't the same and I wasn't sure if GP32 emulate all games that I want. But now...

The other thing is that the screen on the GP32 is bigger, has MUCH better contrast/brightness, is sharper, and has faster response time than the one on the Nomad. I remember the Nomad screen as small, washed out, blurry, and would smear on fast scrollers. While the frame rate may be better on some games on the nomad, that screen ruins it.

Oh yeah, the Nomad will burn through 6 AA batteries in an hour. The GP32 BLU will last around 4-5 hours on 2 good AA rechargeables.

Usually the batteries actually last longer than that B)

Clarify: I contacted Reesy to integrate his cpu cores in my MAME port. Reesy offers to integrate the cpu cores in my port, and i sent him the MAME GP32 1.1 source code a long ago. But after this I have no news from him. I sent some e-mails, and i received only a short message like: "Franxis, i have not started to do something for mame yet". I don't know if Reesy will do something someday. Fingers crossing B) . EvilDragon saild in a forum post that Reesy is very occupied with his new job now.

I don't know about Rlyeh's fMAME...

Regards.

Thanks Franxis for keeping us posted, fingers crossed here too that something happens :)

About GP32 again, the best version is GP32 BACK LIT, isn't?

But of course. BLU (or BLU+ as the new ones are known).

This version has 166 mhz guaranteed, right? What should be in full boxed set? Definitely cable to connect GP32 with computer, memory stick 128 MB and something else, or is it all?

Any GP32 is not guaranteed 166mHz. They are only guaranteed to 133mHz, anything else is a bonus. BUT: if you buy your GP32 from GBAX (UK) or GP32Z (US) then you can get a 166 guaranteed unit.

As for what you get, if you buy from gp32z you get 2 games (most likely on 16MB SMC cards), a screen cleaner and carrying case. GBAX gives you a game (on 16MB SMC), screen cleaner and RF link.

Wherever you buy from, make sure to order at least one 128MB SMC at the same time.

Get a card reader too. Messing with drivers etc can get tricky in some situations. Also you can get 128 meg SMCs for $20.00 in the US.

A GP32 has a built in card reader which can be accessed through USB 1.1 that isn't even full speed USB 1.1. Compare that to a card reader using USB 2.0, it is much faster to copy your files over that way.

The $20 SMCs from the US are at www.pricewatch.com, they have card readers and pc stuff there also.

But will it still work? The only disadventage is speed of transfer files while using this connection, am I right. Sorry for asking so many questions, but I must be 100% sure.

Yes, it will work. Some people have trouble installing the drivers, but you wont, because the BLU comes with a user friendly driver cd.

Back