Mame Status?

Cpt_Kirks

Is anybody currently working on MAME?

Does anybody have a partial port that they could post the source for?

It must be a real booger to port to the GP32. It seems there have been half a dozen attempts, all abandoned.

rlyeh (i think thats his name) was doing it?

the same guy who's porting fNes and fGen as well...

he's got a full plate.

rlyeh had MAME up to where he at least had some screen shots.

Craig was working on a port too.

I'm waiting for a friend to upgrade his GP32 to 64 mb RAM. If he gets some success he'll update mine, and any other problably.

We're trying to upgrade the system because I ported Neogeo and CPS1 succesfully but there were not memory enough to load the smallest rom of each system. Too bad, or my port has a memory leak (bug).

The port is not dropped.

Greetings

Will be great if your able to upgrade to 64mb RAM that would surely open the door wider for an Amiga emulation too!
Keep us posted on the results m8.

A lot of the MAME emulators (the first "M" is for multiple) should run with the available 8MB.

rlyeh, I know you are loath to release anything before it's perfect, but how about an "8 meg" release? With a lot of the smaller emulators included (atari.c, need my asteroids!)?

rlyeh, there are some really small Neogeo roms.. Puzzle De Pon is around 800kb, I think there's a few others that small too.. There's quite a few smaller than 4MB, how much space do you have left after loading MAME in?

In the meanwhile, check out Xcade, by Skeezix. No sound and only limited ROMs are supported, but it'll help kill the time until Rly releases ... everything.

Mmmmmm GP32 with more memory sounds ace..... memory prices are quite low at the moment so I guess these upgrades (if they work) wouldnt cost too much?

It would be awesome and well worth the cost&risks of a memory upgrade to play NeoGeo on GP32 :D . SNK & rlyeh are geniuses!

Back