Mame Settings For Nba Jam Rev 3.01

wongojack

Still Fresh
Website
facebook.com
Using MAME4All v2.5, I experimented with various settings for NBA Jam. This is a hard game for emulators, but these values seem to work pretty well

WIZ Clock 700Mhz
Sound ON 11KHz fast

I tried clocking the Audio Clock % down while using a higher Khz setting but 11 seemed to be the best at the 80% default value. I also tried dedicating one of the cores to sound, but that didn't help and seemed to hinder performance.

The only other thing that maybe made a difference was to only use the Cyclone core alone, but I couldn't definitively tell.

Turning off sound, of course, helps a lot with the speed of play, but thats no fun.

The only other thing that maybe made a difference was to only use the Cyclone core alone, but I couldn't definitively tell.

NBA Jam has no 68000 CPU so Cyclone can't be used. MAME4all uses always the (slow) normal core for emulation.

I was simply referring to the option that let you choose the different core settings "CPU ASM Cores." There is a way to choose different configs for Cyclone and DrZ80. I dont' really know how the program works after you choose these options - just wanted to share what I'd done so someone else could use it if they wanted to.

Back