Mame just disappeared??

b_o_b

Advanced Member
Hi,

Not sure what and how this happened. I had Mame4all installed on my Pandora and tried to start it today but my icon for starting mame was gone.

Directory with mame4all is still there..

I tried to uninstall mame4all and install it again with the pndstore. Didn't help.

Any ideas?

[Edit] Just found out in the Desktop directory the shortcut still exists but isn't showing in minimenu.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, it used to previously show up and work?

Try reflashing your Pandora.

Yep, reflashing seems a bit drastic don't you think? I am more searching for some technical details why a desktop file is not picked up by minimenu that is present and executable from the desktop directory.

I also have had a problem with MAME and MAME4all not showing up among the menu items and therefore not being executable. However, in my case, they never showed up at all. They're the only pnd files that have done that.

I haven't bothered to try a re-flash, since Hotfix 6 is imminent and I'm not that concerned about MAME at the moment.

My Pandora has the same problem too...

MAME und MAME4ALL are starting via pnd_utils directly through thunar, though.

(I've got HF5 [directly flashed])

Is this working for anyone ?

SONY!

Don't tell everyone to reflash in your first post!

Why would this be useful? Just wearing down your nand. Better to find a solution to this and incorporate it in a fixed version!

For the others: Do you have it in the "menu" folder on your sd or in anything else?

Do they not show in minimenu, xfce or in both?

Where did you get the pnds from?

It sounds like a broken pxml to me.

Try to download the pnds from the repo dirctly and not with pndstore, any difference?

Try to not get them from the repo, but from another place, same behaviour?

I downloaded from the repo with the same results.

However, the versions in the official apps site do work.

(They are not available from the file archive.)

Anyway, both MAME and MAME4all from the official apps site both appear in the menu and execute. I can't test them right now otherwise, but they appear to be fine. Must be a problem with the repo files.

Thanks, mcobit.

I redirected this to milkshake. Maybe he knows something about this.

[16:36] <milkshake_> mcobit: I belive someone has mentioned those apps before, its the PXML i belive thats causing it

So the authors should be contacted to include a valid pxml. Maybe there are some issues , when updat4ed it to match the spec.

I have left a comment for SteveM I dont know if he has read it though.

it seems to happen on apps that were packaged by him, check this link u can see it also happens with dega too

so we need to repot this back to SteveM. Ill have a look at the PXML tonight for some of this PND's to see what might be causing it, perhaps he has more than one cat or subcat per app and libpnd doesnt like this?

Back