Mame Help

hamisgood

Still Fresh
Trying to get MAME to work on my Wiz. If I just run it from the launcher I am told I'm missing files. If I run it through GinGE I get a little farther but then it quits to the GinGE menu. Any help?

Read other threads on this board around the problem of missing files.

Usually the problem is that you do not have a rom compatible with the version of MAME that the Wiz runs. You can get the right ROMs if you search for something like 'Official Wiz Romset' on the internet.

If you've got the Official ROMSet and you still have missing files then its possible that some of the files for the game you want to play are inside the archive of another game. MAME roms have parents and children and sometimes the child versions of a game simply use files from their parent.

An example is Jungle Hunt. If you only copy the archive jungleh.zip to your Wiz it will give you a missing files error. You also need to have its parent junglek (Jungle King the Japanese version) or else it won't find the files it needs. You can use a program that looks at your files and tells you which ones are missing. The main one is http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/ and it will show you which archives have missing files (or have extras).

I spent the time to actually copy some files from one archive to another for games like Super Hang On because I didn't want extra ROMs on my Wiz.

Back