MAME help: ClrMAMEPro confuses me

Blue Protoman

So I've "obtained" MAME ROMs of varying sets. I know that ClrMAMEPro can convert them to the correct version (the version in question being .34 and .35). I am already using the .dat from the Wiz version of MAME4ALL. I followed ED's tutorial from a very old post on the GP32X boards. While the ROMs that came out of it worked (In MAME32 .117 for Windows), someone from the IRC brought up a good point; what if ClrMAMEPro just left them alone? I am positive that I'm not mixing ROMs from other directories. So, could I get some pointers on using it for n00bs? What should I do, what should I not do, what should I delete when I finish, etc. I don't have a Pandora, else this thread wouldn't be here.

So I've "obtained" MAME ROMs of varying sets. I know that ClrMAMEPro can convert them to the correct version (the version in question being .34 and .35). I am already using the .dat from the Wiz version of MAME4ALL. I followed ED's tutorial from a very old post on the GP32X boards. While the ROMs that came out of it worked (In MAME32 .117 for Windows), someone from the IRC brought up a good point; what if ClrMAMEPro just left them alone? I am positive that I'm not mixing ROMs from other directories. So, could I get some pointers on using it for n00bs? What should I do, what should I not do, what should I delete when I finish, etc. I don't have a Pandora, else this thread wouldn't be here.

I can help you in pm's ( to keep the board clean ) if you want..

I can help you in pm's ( to keep the board clean ) if you want..

Actually having this thread as the mame rom fixing thread might help keep the boards clean as people can be directed here for mame questions.

As it happens I have a question how do I know what version of Roms I have?

And I have access to 139 will they work on pandora? What do I need to do to get them working?

So I've "obtained" MAME ROMs of varying sets.
Protoman, you're basically confessing to piracy here. This is not allowed. Please choose your words carefully.

If you're going to pirate stuff, that's your decision, but keep these boards clean of it.

Back