Mame Gp32 1.3 W.i.p

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
W.I.P for new MAME GP32 1.3 to be out probably this weekend:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- I have got my first colaborator in the project... Thanks TheGrimReaper for all your help!!!.

- By TheGrimReaper:
· Atari vector games support (Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Asteroids...)
· Start+Up = 2P Start, Start+Right=3P Start, Start+Left=4P Start
· Some changes in the frontend (i.e. change CPU speed with joypad left<->right).
· The emulator options are saved in a file GPMM\MAME.CFG.
· Analog controls improvements, and sensibility configuration for each of the games.
· Crash solved in some games when option "Not Emulated Sound" was selected (i.e. Capcom games). I'm very surprised with this... 50% of the CPU is gone for sound when it is emulated???. I.e. Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger are too fast now if sound is not emulated.

- By me:
· Compiled with DevKitARM r13. Compilation options changed to optimize a bit more.
· Some optimizations on M6809, M68000 and Z80 emulators. I.e. tricked timing on M68000 emulator to gain some speed. But still a lot to be done yet :-(...
· Arkanoid controls corrected.
· Sound in Psycho Nicks Oscar and The Real GhostBusters (taken from MAME 0.35b1).

TJ Hooka has made me an interview... You can see it here... Thx Hooka ;-)...
http://www3.telus.net/public/hooka/franxis.html

WOW!!!

I'm so jazzed for this man!!! Tempest!!!! My favorite arcade game, EVER ... soon in the palm of my hands ...

Thanks so very much for all your hard work :D

its so good to see such an emulator being activly worked on - thanks to Franxis, Grim and all the beta testers!!

GiG posted on Jul 6 2005 at 12:38 PM said:
2P/3P/4P Start?! :eek:

i guess it means to play single player but you will be playing as the 2nd,3rd or 4th player. like youre on the second joystick but still playing alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've added the code to make multi-player work. I'm not sure how it's going to work in reality.

I've only tried it with a couple of 2 player games where players take it in turns to use the controls (like shoot 'em ups). Franxis had already mapped the 2nd player's control etc to use be the same as the 1 Player controls, so it seemed to work straight away (as soon as I'd added a key combination to start a 2 player game).

I've not tried any games where both players are on the screen at the same time and need their own joystick. It'll probably be like sychronised swimming :D

Are you happy with the key combinations needed to start 2,3 & 4 player games? It's easy to change them if you have any better ideas.

razzy posted on Jul 6 2005 at 02:12 PM said:
Franxis posted on Jul 5 2005 at 11:54 PM said:
Start+Up = 2P Start, Start+Right=3P Start, Start+Left=4P Start

Cool now we will be able to select different characters in gauntlet!

yep, exactly what i was thinking :)

great work as always franxis and many many thx to reaper :)

btw is there any overlay support planned ?????

grooveholmes posted on Jul 6 2005 at 12:10 PM said:
GiG posted on Jul 6 2005 at 12:38 PM said:
2P/3P/4P Start?!  :eek:

i guess it means to play single player but you will be playing as the 2nd,3rd or 4th player. like youre on the second joystick but still playing alone.

Now I am waiting for TMNT, XMen and The Simpsons! :D

It's a good job you brought this up, as I hadn't tested if Gauntlet would work in multi-player mode. Well, it didn't.

Your post has meant that I've had to have another good look at the code and work out what was going on. 2 player start etc. worked, but "Coin B" etc. wasn't enabled, so for machines that had different coin slots for different players (Gauntlet for example), there was no way of getting the 2nd player etc. to get any credits.

I've been having problems with the display settings on my copy of Gauntlet. The edges of the screen are being cut off. Therefore you lose the last digit of the Health Points. Do other people suffer similar problems?

thegrimreaper posted on Jul 7 2005 at 01:06 PM said:

It's a good job you brought this up, as I hadn't tested if Gauntlet would work in multi-player mode. Well, it didn't.

Your post has meant that I've had to have another good look at the code and work out what was going on. 2 player start etc. worked, but "Coin B" etc. wasn't enabled, so for machines that had different coin slots for different players (Gauntlet for example), there was no way of getting the 2nd player etc. to get any credits.

I've been having problems with the display settings on my copy of Gauntlet. The edges of the screen are being cut off. Therefore you lose the last digit of the Health Points. Do other people suffer similar problems?

Glad to be of service :)

Display is slightly off on my copy too but I never noticed until you said!

Back