Mame Emulation

air-can

Still Fresh
This may seem a silly question, but what type of roms are used for the MAME emulator? Obviously the GP32 can only support upto a certain standard of MAME game. How do you know what this standard it? Bare in mind I may be completely wrong in my assumptions as I am somewhat ignorant to how the MAME emulator works in comparison to the Megadrive etc ones.

air-can posted on Apr 25 2006 at 10:22 PM said:
This may seem a silly question, but what type of roms are used for the MAME emulator? Obviously the GP32 can only support upto a certain standard of MAME game. How do you know what this standard it? Bare in mind I may be completely wrong in my assumptions as I am somewhat ignorant to how the MAME emulator works in comparison to the Megadrive etc ones.

I'm not sure, but I think you mean which gameroms you can run on GP mame, right?
Theres a .dat File included in MameGP32. It contains the correct Filenames and checksums for all the games that GP Mame supports.
To understand this: GP Mame is a Port of Mame 0.34. No matter what it is called GP Mame 1.0 or 2.0 or 2.1 it is still Mame 0.34, so you must rebuild you're current Mameset to 0.34. You should use clrmamepro for this, but whatever you do, first BACKUP you're current mameset.
clrmamepro comes with an excellent documentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back