MAME\Arcade\Jamma cabinet wanted

timthepig

Has anyone got a old arcade cabinet or know where I can get one for cheap - as I want to do one up for a MAME project? - it doesn't have to work and no monitor - just the bare bones really?

ah well it can be expensive but its so cool :)
i have one in my games room actually.

The cab only cost me 20 quid of ebay, it was in a nasty state but i did it all up i did cheat sort though as it runs through a pc with mame on, but its such a conversation piece and a lota fun

if you want any suggestions or help just holler

J

I got one for sale, power supply needs replacing, but the downside is I'm in Australia :p the upside is it's perfect for a mame cab tho...it's unusually large for a cab its age. Only reason I wanna ditch it is because I never use it (except for a rack to put my junk on!) and it takes up too much room.

There´s also a cheap way (my way :) ) Just buy a working JAMMA cab with working monitor. Mine was priced 300 euros with 28" monitor, a NeoGeo 4 slot board and four NeoGeo games of my choice. You can even sell the games on ebay to bring the price of the cab down.

After that go to ultimarc they sell hardware addons to connect your PC to your jamma cabinet. This connects your arcade monitor output to your VGA and jamma controls (joysticks, buttons, coin door) to your keyboard. Took me (two left hands) about 5 minutes to install.

After that just run advance-mame and you have a mame arcade cabinet.

Not only cheap but also very, very easy to set up compared to modifying a cabinet to fit a pc monitor and hook up the controls yourself.

Back