Lots Of Skins To Come

Can someone post a .zip with the original icons/background? I wanna get to work on t but don't know positioning/size/etc

Edit: Nevermind, got it ^_^

AireTamStorm: That's what the thing higher up in the thread and on the mainpage is. You'll have to dissect it, as the damn icons are everywhere, but there's nothing superfluous in it.

Are there any ways of changing the position of the icons? For example, say i dont want them side by side, but all of them from the top to the bottom on the left side. Is there an rc type file where u pick the dimensions in which the icons are located?

AireTamStorm: That's what the thing higher up in the thread and on the mainpage is. You'll have to dissect it, as the damn icons are everywhere, but there's nothing superfluous in it.

I grabbed it, I'm working on it. I've pretty much figured out the interface. I'm using crystal icons like the theme above, but modding it a bit to look good with my own background, and for the dialogs to look just like the dialogs on my KDE desktop. I made one big XCF image to render ALL of the icons, so I can easily change the "utilities" icon, add icons for options that are on their way, etc...

So far I'm likin it. I may release the final, if I get around to fitting my own icons in, and make it a bit more than a blatant copy ;- )

Above all, thank God, something to do while I wait for the actual unit...

Edit: Gotta capitalize the "G"!

Does anybody know if animated images are supported?

Also, in the case of the "power" or "battery" settings, is the battery icon at a fixed position or is it just centered? Also, if your image is fixed position, and it runs off the screen, what happens? Wrap? Error? Just runs off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I can't wait to steal...I mean download some cool skins for my GP2X :unsure:

Since I suck at that stuff :p

I'm working on a Final Fantasy VI(III USA) based on Amano's artwork

But as I don't have my GP2X I can't calculate where I should put the icons on the main menu (Yes, it's possible to change the possiton of the icons without coding;something related with image width :p )

Here is a preview :ph34r:

mockupGIF.gif

Wow, this is looking awesome!

Great work all around guys, all the posted skins look stunning, Now I really can't wait for my unit to come in (should be here in a week~week and a half). I think I'll start looking at making a skin myself, you guys make it look easy :D

efegea, when your finished when that.........I MUST HAVE IT (i absolutely love amano's art)

Back