Lost in RMA land

beatgeek

Still Fresh
So, my pandora had the PTOD, and when I RMA'd it, they told me to send it to Craig. So I did, like a naive fool. This was before I realized that Craig's shop doesn't actually fix them (I didn't know then that sending it to ED to be fixed was an option), and that I'd have to wait for CC to produce new boards before I'd get back a working pandora. Then the news hit that CC seems to have left the pandora project in the dustbin. And based on the most recent update (CC charging OP twice; OP not paying twice), it sounds like there won't be any more pandoras produced until the new factory in Germany starts making them, which sounds like it could be late 2012, the apocalypse, you know. <_<

Does anyone know what happens to the pandoras that are sent back to Craig's? I don't suppose there's any way that it could be forwarded on to ED to be fixed, or returned to me? I'd even be willing to send a check to cover shipping costs, if that's what it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my pandora had the PTOD, and when I RMA'd it, they told me to send it to Craig. So I did, like a naive fool. This was before I realized that Craig's shop doesn't actually fix them (I didn't know then that sending it to ED to be fixed was an option), and that I'd have to wait for CC to produce new boards before I'd get back a working pandora. Then the news hit that CC seems to have left the pandora project in the dustbin. And based on the most recent update (CC charging OP twice; OP not paying twice), it sounds like there won't be any more pandoras produced until the new factory in Germany starts making them, which sounds like it could be late 2012, the apocalypse, you know. <_<

Does anyone know what happens to the pandoras that are sent back to Craig's? I don't suppose there's any way that it could be forwarded on to ED to be fixed, or returned to me?

Well given the fact that Craig has not posted anything in the Pandora forum for months, all I say is be prepared for a very long wait. I would suggest ringing them - you are owed a replacement unit, and all the time it's stuck in limbo, your warranty is running out.

Does anyone know what happens to the pandoras that are sent back to Craig's? I don't suppose there's any way that it could be forwarded on to ED to be fixed, or returned to me? I'd even be willing to send a check to cover shipping costs, if that's what it takes.

All pandoras with PTOD that was sent to Craigx were eventually forwarded to ED to replace the LCD cable but since it took time (ED has many other jobs to do) people were sent another Pandora from the pile to shorten wait time.

I'm right there with you man. Sent mine in for RMA back in May for what I thought was a simple fix. I guess something else was wrong with mine that I did not know because I was slotted for a replacement unit. Anyway, it was about that time that the CC debacle began, and hence I've been waiting for some sort of good news since.

I really wish there was a way we could get a sense of how soon production will restart. I know alot of this depends on CC, but surely after weeks and weeks of pestering from OP the two companies could get together and just sort the details of who owes who what. I can't imagine a small pcb manufacturer like CC being able to get by for too long if they just ignore communications from their customers the way they have with OP. Waiting for a manufacturer in Germany to ramp up on production is likely to take months from this point. There doesn't seem to be any good news on the horizon for anyone who is still waiting to get a Pandora.

All pandoras with PTOD that was sent to Craigx were eventually forwarded to ED to replace the LCD cable but since it took time (ED has many other jobs to do) people were sent another Pandora from the pile to shorten wait time.

That's reassuring, I guess. I think I'll still call/email to confirm if that's what happened. They sent me an email on June 9 saying they received my RMA'd pandora, which is longer than 2 Months ago.

Back