Looking For The Perfect Gps-mouse

conso

Hi!

Did a search on the forum but couldn't find a gps-related topic here, though I could bet I've seen one...

As I hope I'm not the only person thinking the pandora would be the perfect util for working on open-street-maps, we should discuss wich device out there is the one to buy....

I have thought of following criteria:
1.: price. The cheaper, the better
2.: connection: is bluetooth of any good, thinking of battery-life and security?
3.: size. I guess it's related to the connection. A bluetooth device could be bigger then an usb-mouse, without disturbing to much. Still the smaller the better.
4. battery life: Both battery life of the device and effect on the pandora's batterylife are important.

Linux-compatibility is a must, so won't be discussed :)

With a quick search I found the following device: http://www.amazon.com/Holux-M-1200-Bluetoo...r/dp/B000V4RP80
The price is pretty high, but I found shops on german ebay, selling it for 50€... guess there will be even cheaper offers in the wide of the internet.
It is very small, but can still be connected via bluetooth + miniusb. Not sure if pandora can charge it via miniusb and if miniusb can be used for a serial connection... seems to me like it is only for charging.
No idea about battery-life.

Back