Looking For An Ipod.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, but i have yet to find a suitable and affordable replacement for the ipod. Anyone willing to sell an mp3 player to me? Also keep the links coming. Buying an mp3 player has become a part time job for me, hopefully it will end soon :) .

Get an IRIver h320 (not sold in stores anymore, search on ebay) with the rockbox firmware (open source and games and stuff, and some really good features) its getting better by the day.

Who ever sent the message about the archod gmini 400, I would totally be interested. I accidently deleted the message so I cant write you back. Send another PM.

A few points. Firstly, whoever said Ipods were not good is just wrong. They do excactly what they promise really really well! I love mine.

Secondly the Nano is incredibly well built. There was a feature on the net of two guys trying to break it and they couldn't. They threw it out of buildings and even drove a small car over it, and it still played. They are great kit.

But if stlye isn't your be all and end all, then Archos is the way to go. I have an old Archos Jukebox and it is unbreakable. I have messed around with it, upgraded it, dropped it etc, and it still just plays. It is about 6 years old. And you can buy this ? The menu isn't as easy as the Ipods. But Archos is a good make. And this is small....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lubi, did you ever get that karma?

How much do you want for your broken ipods? Do you have any pics? I like tinkering with things, and if I get an ipod with a broken lcd and good hd on ebay...I could prolly fix one of em anyways...

I have an ARCHOS Jukebox Studio 10 (10GB) that has been beaten to death and still works. It would be great for skating with. The big downside is that it takes four Nimh rechargeable batteries and makes it quite bulky. I'd trade it for your broken Ipods if you want... That way you'd have SOMETHING until you got a new player...

It's already got a decent collection of music on it...

Edit: To charge it it either needs a plug that goes to the wall, or you can take out the nimh batteries and put them in a charger. If you do want to trade for your busted ipods, I'll include 4 almost new energizer 2200mah batteries. But the wall plug I had for it, the chord went bad...I can also throw in my makeshift male to male usb plug that it needs to put new songs on. The person I bought this from had NOTHING that came with it...

Nova posted on Feb 3 2006 at 11:26 PM said:
Hey lubi, did you ever get that karma?

Nope. Had a cash flow crises. AM happy with my Ipod mini though, as I live 10 minutes from work!

But everyone needs two players-a flash and a hard disc one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back