Long Time No Use

mraellis

Still Fresh
Website
www.accentshow.tk
It's been a hell of a long time since i last used my gp2x but i found it in a box earlier today so decided to give it a run.

First things first, is it a good idea updating to the newest version on it as i do remember a while back people said not to update to 3.00 but there's a few since then.

Second things, I have a few older game son it but no really amazing ones. There are a great deal of games at the file archive for me to check so i was wondering if someone could give me like the Top 20 in the following category's (RPG/adventure, Plat formers, strategy,) so i could download them and give them a shot while i test some of the others. At the moment a lot i try seem to be demo's so it's getting annoying.

I just basically want some good things on it (none emulators) nice and quickly so i can play them. :)

"First things first, is it a good idea updating to the newest version on it as i do remember a while back people said not to update to 3.00 but there's a few since then."

The 3.0 firmware on my F200 takes 40 seconds to boot up and later versions have been reported to ruin touch screen controls in games, so I do not recommend upgrading. If it is not broken, don't fix it.
Actually, I am waiting for Open2X (or something similar) to work on an F200 before using my GP2X again, until then it shall remain in my junk drawer.

realmraellis said:
First things first, is it a good idea updating to the newest version on it as i do remember a while back people said not to update to 3.00 but there's a few since then.

Since your 2x is pre-3.00, I assume it must be an F100 model (black). I have an F200 (white) myself so I'm not speaking out of personal experience, but it is said that the best firmware for the F100 is 2.00 with Notaz' SDHC kernel hack added, nothing more.

I just basically want some good things on it (none emulators) nice and quickly so i can play them. :)

You should seriously reconsider your opinion on the use of emulators. Maybe you have to click the buttons a few times more before the game blasts off, but most emulators on the 2x are near to perfect. I guess in your previous 2x days this was different, but there are many emu's out now that are definitely worth your time. To name but a few, Vice2x, Gpsp, Finalburn Alpha, UAE, FreeSci.

Aryn said:
The 3.0 firmware on my F200 ...

You must mean 4.0 since afaik, any lower version bricks your F200. Or did you find a way to get 3.0 running on the F200? In that case, please tell us since I'd like to try it. But to my knowledge and experience, 4.0 is currently the best firmware for the F200.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently released Abuse, a popular platformer.. look in my sig

For other good recent games, my recent two favorites are Pool Panic and Snake on Dope

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i do have a F100 black model. So i guess i may as well stick with 2.00 then :)

The reason i didn't want emulators is because my psp is already loaded with them and all my favourite roms. When i ran my Gp2X i noticed all i had on it was pretty much emulators as was and thought this isn't right i want to see what awesome home-brew it has by now instead of playing my old games on it again. I will be leaving the emus on it though as they all work really well despite being older versions.

Thanks for the suggestion for Fleshchasmer I: The Eve, that's 2 out of 20, i would mind a low 10 if people can't think of any?.. i just thought by now the 2x would have tons of awesome brew people could come up with. :)

Edit -

Thanks for a few more, Senor Quack.

Thanks for some more Alex. Sqdef is amazing. I love the updated version more then the old one which was on my stick. That B'lox is also brilliant. :)

What exactly is the gmenu2x? I never got that when they have been on about it being on the Pandora.

100+ links though? what's that to. :)

Can't wait till you list a few more.

Edit -

Ah i see, It's basically a new menu, not a necessity to running the games though and i do kind of like the old one.

Also snake on dope rocks big time and the pool game is different but cool.

P.s I am hooked on supertux atm :eek:

Back