Order info - been away a long time

pubzombie

Hi all,

first - my apologies if I am posting in the wrong place.

second - due to major life changes I have been away from the forums for a long long time. So i am missing all sorts of news.

third - the crucial point, I paid for my Panny coming up to almost 3 years ago now and I have heard diddle in terms of notifications. I am just wondering if anybody knows when we are likley to get them?

I am beginning to wonder if that day will ever arrive? Is there a way to expedite things?

thanx all for your time

PZ

Hi PubZombie,

Welcome to the boards. CircuitCo, the board production company in Texas, has been performing quite poorly in delivering the boards. As a consequence only give or take 3000 units have shipped so far. Production is currently moving over to Germany and is scheduled to start pumping out boards in January.

In the last few weeks, CircuitCo delivered about 130 more boards. Depending on your queue position, your unit may be amongst those. Otherwise, January/February seems realistic.

I know it has been a ridiculously long wait, but I can tell you that it is certainly worth it.

[edit]If you want to know more details about what happened / is happening, then read the posts ED has made in the news section (just focus on the first posts of those threads).[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PubZombie,

Welcome to the boards. CircuitCo, the board production company in Texas, has been performing quite poorly in delivering the boards. As a consequence only give or take 3000 units have shipped so far. Production is currently moving over to Germany and is scheduled to start pumping out boards in January.

In the last few weeks, CircuitCo delivered about 130 more boards. Depending on your queue position, your unit may be amongst those. Otherwise, January/February seems realistic.

I know it has been a ridiculously long wait, but I can tell you that it is certainly worth it.

[edit]If you want to know more details about what happened / is happening, then read the posts ED has made in the news section (just focus on the first posts of those threads).[/edit]

Very much worth it.

Scooby, Caine,

Thanx for the update guys you've put my mind at rest - the wait is killing me though :)

PZ

Hi again guys,

Been scanning the news section and feel pretty optimistic of a Feb arrival. hope I am not reading too much into things, how does everybody else feel?

If it does turn up in Feb it will be a great month with my Vita arriving too... Yay

Hi again guys,

Been scanning the news section and feel pretty optimistic of a Feb arrival. hope I am not reading too much into things, how does everybody else feel?

If it does turn up in Feb it will be a great month with my Vita arriving too... Yay

I asked ED about estimates on fulfilling all the original preorders. He thinks that about 2000-3000 units will have to ship in order to provide enough profit to fulfil these old orders. He estimates it may take 2 - 4 months.

Hi there,

But shouldn't priority be to folks who paid in full all that time ago? Can we still have the option to pay more to get one sooner? Or could we still have refunds?

Thanks for your time.

Pz

Hi there,

But shouldn't priority be to folks who paid in full all that time ago? Can we still have the option to pay more to get one sooner? Or could we still have refunds?

Thanks for your time.

Pz

The reason there can't be priority is because the company needs to make money, as you may have seen, the pandora's are being sold at a higher price now, the company had lost money on the original preorders.

Therefore to deliver the pandora's for the preorders (at a lower price), each batch needs to have a number of non-preordered pandora's (sold at a higher price).

I believe there is a way to upgrade your order to the higher price one, you will probably need to talk to ED about that. Doing so would also help the company.

OpenPandora GMBH staying in business and able to ship all ALL pre-orders has priority over people who have paid in full all that time ago. there is a certain amount of pandora that has to be sold at a profit in order to be able to produce the next batch of a thousand to ship those out

Hi all,

can anybody confirm that we can still upgrade our original orders to get one asap?

cheers

PZ

This is a crossposted quote from the GP32X boards http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=62&t=61751&qpid=963648

I'll also offer Premium as well (don't like the name premium, but it's the same).

If you don't want to wait, pay the upgrade price and get it right away. The additional money from that unit can be used to fund more classic batcher units, so it's an advantage for them as well.

As it will also be possible for existing users to upgrade their old unit with a new PCB, the refurbished units with 256MB RAM will also be sold anew for a cheaper price. Ideal for someone who just wants to play games.

Hello there.... I'm in a similar situation in that, although I've been aware of the rough seas Pandora's been going through, I've not been checking the boards. Partly as it's all I can do to hold my breath that much longer.

I am aware from what I've read that the openpandora sales that I first purchased my pandora from in October 2009 does not exist any more but, without detracting anyone in their proper jobs of actually making the Pandora units and working their way through the lists, can anyone tell me who now has my order?

I mostly ask this as I've moved house (and had a kid and changed jobs and grown a beard etc...) since the order and I emailed this change of address to the googlecheckout in July and (obviously) got no response so I'm hoping to get even the briefest of confirmation that 'they' know there's a new address.

Any email/contact would be most helpful!

Many thanks!!

jim

All that has happened is distribution has changed from Craig in England to EvilDragon in Germany, your order is still intact (unless you've been refunded at your request). Basically out of the next 1000 produced, a certain number will be shipped to people in your situation. Not the entire 1000 though, as a good number of them need to be sold in order to order parts for the next 1000.

Depending on where you are in the que, is when you'll receive your Pandora. It could be next month, March, April, or May, but ideally by May all Legacy Preorders will have shipped.

The parts have been ordered for the 2nd 1000 Pandoras to be produced in March IIRC. So production will (knock on wood) keep running February and March at this point.

I feel a little relieved reading this, I'm on the same level as jimlefevre, sans the kid, and I've never really known for sure if the company forgot about me. I ordered near the end of July in 2010 from Jacquelyn, and although I was given an order number ([Removed]) I haven't been able to connect it to any sort of waiting list number, and after reading Link's post I'm even less confident that there's any way of knowing if I'm even still in the list, let alone coming up any time soon. I seem to have ordered from Craig, though I never spoke to him, but EvilDragon is handling all of the orders now right? I don't mind waiting forever, I just want to make sure my name is still on the list. Oh yeah plus like jimlefevre I moved too, and sent openpandorasales@gmail.com another email saying that I had and where to, but that was about a year ago and I've never gotten a response. Is that email still used?

I seem to have ordered from Craig, though I never spoke to him, but EvilDragon is handling all of the orders now right? I don't mind waiting forever, I just want to make sure my name is still on the list.
EvlDragon is responsible for production and assembly and new sales. Orders placed at Craig's shop however will be fulfilled by Crag. ED will be shipping him batches of fully assembled Pandoras ready to dispatch.

Oh yeah plus like jimlefevre I moved too, and sent openpandorasales@gmail.com another email saying that I had and where to, but that was about a year ago and I've never gotten a response. Is that email still used?
As far as I know Yes.

Oh thank you, then it sounds like I'll still recieve one on the more reliable board in the new case. I suppose I just need to get in touch with Craig and ask him to change my shipping address. Itchy sparkling lights.

Hey Tenka!

I've just had a reply back from the long suffering Jacquelyn and everything is still alive there! I think it's a case of so-many-emails-so-little-time still, which I think was the reason my first change of address went unanswered.

And I suspect that I'm with you in respect to not coming to the Forums much at all but suddenly alarmingly finding out these massive developments and feeling in the dark (a common and understandable problem with such a massive undertaking by the OpenPandora team).

Again, like you, I'm totally in it for the long haul and so very proud and happy to support this endeavour but the afformentioned child I've had since ordering is now two and a half and beginning to talk proper sentences and my personal limit I've set is I'll properly kick up a fuss when she's old enough to ask "Where is that Pandora you said you ordered?" out of her own volition.

Go Team Pandora!!

Back