Logitech c510 webcam

sukhi2011

I can't get this webcam connected to pandora,does anyone have any clue,how to do it.

I connected it using the usb port nothing shows up in the menu,where would i find it if it's been connected so i can see webcam screen.

"sudo lsusb" shows usb devices connected (and recognized).

Try VLC.

media > open capture device > video device name

enter "/dev/video0"

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, do 'sudo dmesg' without the quotes in a terminal. See if it says: hub 1-0:1.0 unable to enumerate USB device on port 2 at or near the end. That means you have to use a USB 2.0 hub to connect between the Pandora and Camera itself to get the camera to recognize.

Ok i input video device name "dev/video0",it doesn't work.

When i connect to the pc a blue light comes on to the left.

I connected usb hub with my webcam connected and in terminal it says:

usb 1-2: product: usb2.0 hub

usb 1-2.1: new high speed usb device using ehci-omap and address

linux video capture interface: v2.00

usb video class driver (v0.1.0)

usb 1-2.1 new usb device found

input: UVC camera

I told you most important info from the terminal.

Yes it worked but when i do full screen,it goes blank.

Other thing is how can take pictures and video recording,it's only shows image moving on the screen.

VLC may not run the video in full screen due to being an overlay. There is some save option but never used it before...

I usually use a program called Cheese in Linux for actual capturing and recording.. wonder if it's possible to port this it's a gnome app..

the gnome player in pandora can't that help.

The cheese app you use,is it pandora or desktop pc you use.

It's desktop app, but so is many others.. my guess it just needs some porting love.

Oh no that's a shame,so looks like webcam capturing can't be done at the moment.

The webcam i have is 8mp for photos and 720p for video recording and when i'm using it in pandora through vlc it tends to freeze,when move it from left to right and moving image is slow,looks like webcam is to advance for pandora.

Same problems here.

I installed guvcview and cheese under PanDebian. Same again, although taking pictures works fine.

Did you install sqeeze aswell,i got error for that selection,is it better if i choose something like sid.

I wrote on the forum on the link you provided,i got bad response from mariopandio,he has serious problem,saying that i haven't been on the forum for 2 months and have been quiet.

Everything was installed and when i clicked on cross at the top it came with error saying var run failed.

I apologise for giving the impression I had a problem with you, or that you took what I wrote as a 'bad response'. I meant no offense at all and I hope you will see the context in which I meant the post to come across, from my reply.

I am sorry you are having issues with your webcam and with installing Pandebian. I haven't used Pandebian for some time but I do recall having similar issues upon installation back then, as you are experiencing now, then somehow it just worked and I dabbled with Open Office for a time, then messed with Droidora builds etc. I have a creative webcam I haven't yet tried to get running on Pandora, though I beleive it is within the list of those supposedly supported. So no doubt I will be in the same boat soon too and will appreciate your wisdom in future if you get this sorted out. A previous webcam I had did not work at all and I had to make various posts about trying to build the drivers for it and despite some help, I did not solve that issue and thus did not turn my Pandora into a useful outdoor camera at that time. I wish you better luck.

For vlc try setting videooutput to x11. Should work fullscreen then.

Where is the output x11.

How can take pictures and record videos.

Back