Littlegptracker Hops To 0.5

M-.-n

Website
discodirt.10pm.org
I've finally release an official update of LittleGPTracker. There's been a LOT of changes since the last release (0.32a) so I'll only resume only major features here:
  1. LSDj like tables for heavy modulation. Tables can be triggered either from
    a TABL command or linked to an instrument in the instrument view. LSDj style
    instrument automation is possible. Table view is accessed either from Phrase
    or Instrument view by pressing RT+DOWN
  2. Cloning of instrument/table
  3. Renderer application released. This is a windows only app that will dump
    all channels in separate audio files rather than send it to the audio out.
    The created files are *.raw and are 16bit raw soundfiles.
  4. CRUSH command and extended bit reduction capabilities
  5. Implemented backward sample playback if sample END is set before sample
    START
  6. Allow to return to the song selection list by pressing LT+RT+SELECT (esc
    under windows)
  7. Configurable color scheme
[cut]
Table modulation in particular makes LGPT extremely flexible to create timbres out of nothingness. To demonstrate the software features, it now comes with a song build exclusively out of 10k worth of samples ripped from the Amiga's great musicline

Feel free to grab at the home page:

here

The wiki needs to be updated with the new feature but still a good source to start with.

This news is valid for Both GP2X & GP32. The windows version is there too.[/cut]

Nice job!

I've been trying it for a while (since the previous version). There are just two problems; when restarting lgpt, the program will crash. Also, after starting lgpt, doing a few things, and exiting, the GP2x won't play any sounds (not from the music player, not from games... this problem also occured with the previous version). Any ideas on how to fix those issues? Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Sebastian said:
Nice job!

I've been trying it for a while (since the previous version). There are just two problems; when restarting lgpt, the program will crash. Also, after starting lgpt, doing a few things, and exiting, the GP2x won't play any sounds (not from the music player, not from games... this problem also occured with the previous version). Any ideas on how to fix those issues? Otherwise, keep up the great work!
Hi Sebastian,

Yes, I am aware of the problem, something I do is not released properly I guess. I'll try to dig it for next one.

Glad to know you enjoy it. Let us know at the yahoo mailing list what you come up with !

Cheers
Marc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back