Linx Vision 8" Windows 10 Tablet With Gaming Controls

Personally I like the concept.

Streaming some PC to play anywhere might be nice.

I don't know, looks like I need a table to play this thing as my hands won't be able to hold it too long.  So I'm just using my laptop ;)

I don't know, looks like I need a table to play this thing as my hands won't be able to hold it too long.  So I'm just using my laptop ;)

Quite a strange thing to say for someone with this nickname and avatar. ;)

More exercising you must, tiny grasshopper. :p

So...  every product in this size is a failure to me.  I still don't carry a man purse.  Call me old fashioned.  If a mobile electronic device doesn't fit in my front pants pocket, it doesn't go.

Agree. 

There's a certain size above which it makes no sense to have such a device but having an actual laptop and carrying a pad with you becomes just as practical (and more powerful).

Even for me, the iPad / tablets like that are completely useless. It's too much of a compromise either way, I'd rather use a phone or a laptop but nothing in between. 

But the Pandora ? Anytime.

great price, pretty neat design. I was apart of a project recently that was porting linux to one of these windows 10 tabs, so I totally see something like this dual booting both OS's if in the right hands.

These new atom processors are getting incredibly more powerful with each iteration, I could see this being good for a emulator machine. I don't think it could handle wii emulation, but good for dreamcast, n64, saturn and stuff like that, it should be better than the capabilities of most of the android devices out there

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VJGEgc7oa1I?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to take the plunge and go buy me one of these tomorrow.

I don't have a man bag either haha, but tbh this isn't going to be a very portable thing for me anyway aside from room to room in my flat.

I might take it to work occasionally for lunchtimes.

I want this for Steam so I can get back into that, since I sold my Alpha to get a PS4, I miss my Steam library and also the great deals on games which come with it. So this will be nice to just sit on the sofa with and play ... hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable with fairly long plays but I'll see.

Good to hear this should be ok with emulation too, as I'll no doubt chuck some of my favs on there

Not 100% sure I'll keep this thing yet.
Only tried loading some games in Steam as I need to get a large capacity microSD to install more, but, my copy of Strider won't even launch and just shows the Big Picture background... those bubbles floating background...
Tomb Raider is too slow to be considered playable.

I guess for a lot of the games I own, 4GB RAM is the minimum required where this device has 2GB if I recall.

Probably wouldn't keep this just for emulation, Steam was the major selling point for me

I've not tried that, as I don't have another Windows machine to stream to it from ...I know the streaming from XBONE is very good though

I have a 8" tablet with atom and win10, it runs steam. You can steam games from your pc, but it lacks proper controls.
If you have a wireless controller you can actually play directly on your PC, view it on the tablet. But if you're so close to your pc, why bother in the first place (as steam also shows the game on your monitor, not like someone can use your pc for something else).
The tablet can actually (barely) run battlefield3, but you still need a controller (or keyboard/mouse) to play.
So when a tablet has these controls added, it could be a suitable solution for mobile gaming.
Streaming however, it's nice, but you can only do it at home for now. Maybe if 4G is fast/cheap enough you can do it while traveling in a train, but might be to laggy.

Back