GP2X Linux Programming

I'd recommend using the Open2X toolchain and precompiled libs, you can nab them from the open2x wiki at wiki.open2x.org

i dont know C. I wanted to port a few flash games and stuff as im new to this. I just want to know the easiest way to start programming on ubuntu gutsy. Thanks for your help guys.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
i dont know C. I wanted to port a few flash games and stuff as im new to this. I just want to know the easiest way to start programming on ubuntu gutsy. Thanks for your help guys.
There's no way to port flash games; the flash player doesn't run on the GP2X. You'd have to recreate the game from scratch, using C or some other language.

You could use Game Editor, but if you're serious about making games, you'd better learn C. There's no shortcut to game making.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really recommend Fenix or Python to start developing games for the Gp2x. Great titles as Camelot Warriors, Ruckman, Boomshine or Protozoa were witen in Fenix.

Learning C could be really hard if you do not have a computering background and some experience in programming. If memory and speed are really a problem in your game, then learn C and hard code during several weeks. But use Fenix or Python to develop simple yet funny games during a raining evening!

Back