Links Web Browser?

subin

could someone explain why there is a web browser for the gp2x.. with no internet support? is it for viewing downloaded webpages or something?

Why on earth is Links 2.3MB??..

edit: ah, it does display graphics I take it... I thought this was just the plain text one.

Do you mean Lynx?

Also, don't forget GPH used a standard ME Linux BSP, so regardless of what the GP2X can or can not do and what it's capable of, you'll get all the standard stuff. They are not going to remove a web browser or web server just because it's useless for example.

subin posted on Feb 5 2006 at 09:33 AM said:
could someone explain why there is a web browser for the gp2x.. with no internet support? is it for viewing downloaded webpages or something?

It's good for web design on the go. ;) Now we just need woogal to add HTML file extensions to Edgepad, so we can save as HTML files. *Hint* *hint* woogal ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, good god, html design on the gp2x :wacko: .

I think woogal was getting 10 words per minute with edgepad. What fun it would be to code a page at that rate ;) .

donny662 posted on Feb 6 2006 at 06:39 PM said:

I think woogal was getting 10 words per minute with edgepad. What fun it would be to code a page at that rate ;) .

Well, I'm suggesting Edgepad, since it's the ONLY notepad program the GP2X currently has. ;P

DemonStar55 posted on Feb 6 2006 at 06:54 PM said:
I could use my gp2x in my HTML class instead of windows!

EXACTLY.

God Ginrai posted on Feb 6 2006 at 07:09 PM said:
donny662 posted on Feb 6 2006 at 06:39 PM said:

Well, I'm suggesting Edgepad, since it's the ONLY notepad program the GP2X currently has. ;P
I meant even with edgepad. I know it is a whole lot better than sterm's method, and it is probably as fast as you can accomplish without a keyboard/chatboard.

It would be alright to develop html if you had a keyboard, but without one, you could find a million better uses of your time than scripting at 10 words per minute.

I'm sure the whole experience would be so much better with that bluetooth keyboard nigelibrown was showing us and is currently developing. If that came out I would buy one and take it to school to use instead of a computer, and everyone would explode with envy. HTML ftw.

nickspoon posted on Feb 7 2006 at 05:28 PM said:
I'm sure the whole experience would be so much better with that bluetooth keyboard nigelibrown was showing us and is currently developing. If that came out I would buy one and take it to school to use instead of a computer, and everyone would explode with envy. HTML ftw.

Yeah, but dig the price tag! I won't be buying any peripherals that cost more than my GP2X .... (though it is damn cool)

Paradox posted on Feb 7 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
yeah something like the gp32 chatboard, only smaller?

Doesn't HAVE to be smaller.

BTW, here's another use for the Links browser for the time being. For those of you who are too stubborn to upgrade their firmware to a firmware with a good photo-viewer. You can view manga just fine with it by making html pages that use it as an image, and then add in next page and Previous page links. ;) It'll work much better tho' once this supports javascript, then you won't need a page for every image. ;)

Back