Beta Lightweight2

Where does it store the cache? If its being stored in the NAND, then it should be changed to being stored on the SD card.

I am not sure if it stores cache at all, I couldn't find it out, as it does not create any additional folders in home. If someone finds out please report.

mcobit said:
peelie said:
ps how to you create bookmarks?

Updated to 0.5

See first post!

great but sorry for being dense but how do you activate bookmark in this version? tried rightclicking but that just give me options to save/open links?

edit

ah okay you need to left click on the page tab

cheers

edit2

how to delete bookmarks?

edit3

ah there is a bog red x by the bookmark but ti doesn't give any indication you have deleted it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember, that this is still in developement. New features will surely be added step by step.
I just ported it and can't do anything about bugs and freaturerequests.

peelie: You could just have read the documentaion (or thewhole first post)

mcobit said:
Please remember, that this is still in developement. New features will surely be added step by step.
I just ported it and can't do anything about bugs and freaturerequests.

peelie: You could just have read the documentaion (or thewhole first post)

thanks for the reminder mcobit i do indeed forget there is normally documentation that come with pnds!

Guys, this one is in a extremely early state of development, however as the name implies it really IS lightweight, this is by far the fastest webbrowser after Lynx & Co. on Pandora.
Wasn't there a topic vote somewhere about the next "Standard Browser" for Pandora OS? Well guys, no need for it anymore, this one should win by default.

Updated to 1.0 see first post.

These guys are really fast! ;)

Updated to 1.1 - now with downloads!

See first post.

just gave this a brief go. booted up engadget impressively quickly! do like! will give it a more in depth go later but so far its looking good!

Coldbird said:
Guys, this one is in a extremely early state of development, however as the name implies it really IS lightweight, this is by far the fastest webbrowser after Lynx & Co. on Pandora.
Wasn't there a topic vote somewhere about the next "Standard Browser" for Pandora OS? Well guys, no need for it anymore, this one should win by default.
NetSurf actually seems a bit faster to me, and Links is faster yet. (Lynx is probably even faster, but it's too foreign for me to get used to)

As for "standard browser", my vote would go to Links, as it's the only one that seems tailor-made for the Pandora's controls & speed. (it doesn't load everything, but its speed makes up for it and it serves my needs mostly)

IThe new version (1.3) has a cache that writes to the NAND instead of the SD card. Please take a look at its source to see if its possible to be changed. If not, then you should have the PND make a symbolic link that forces the cache to be written to the SD card.

Where are the cachefiles located on the nand? Can't seem to find them.

Edit: Ok, found it at ~/Applications/Cache/Lightweight2
Will have a look this evening to see, if it can be redirected.

Thanks for finding!

Edit2: Found the problem:
I gets its cachedir from (QDesktopServices.CacheLocation) I'll change that to (QDesktopServices.HomeLocation) and make a new pnd this evening.

Supposing I understand correctly, so no DL available of 1.3 until Ed approves right? I'm fairly certain I would like to test once your latest is available, and I don't particularly understand the first website you linked to after a brief look so will await word here.

Thanks for this, supposing it's speedier and lighter on resources than Firefox I could see it replacing it for my normal use.

Here's a link to it that mcobit gave me in the IRC channel for the Pandora:

[LINK REMOVED]

Please check the File Archive for v1.4.

Updated to 1.4 the link of Zero3K is still valid, until ED approves the updates.

Back