LibreOffice Issues (No Google Docs?) and Java?

TylerAW

So I just installed this onto my SD Card. I noticed a few thigns and I was wondering if there are any fixes for them?

1. It sometimes tells me I need Java installed when it is installed...

2. Any function I give it, it will check the SD card for a while before speeding up again.

3. When selecting the option 'Google Docs and Zoho' it takes a long, long time to check the SD card and then doesn't let you configure anything or use it, was this option never running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been able to figure out these issues? The Java one so far is the most annoying.

Has anyone been able to figure out these issues? The Java one so far is the most annoying.
Ah yes, I should repack to automate a fix for this one day.

The easiest way for now to fix that is to download latest java jdk for arm/softfloat at oracle website, uncompress ti somewhere on sdcard, and make LibreOffice point to it in the parameters screen.

The easiest way for now to fix that is to download latest java jdk for arm/softfloat at oracle website, uncompress ti somewhere on sdcard, and make LibreOffice point to it in the parameters screen.
I really hate to be a bother, but I am very out of practice with Linux and a few other things... could you point me to the file I need?

Also I keep getting the Gnome Mount error when trying to point to anything on the SD Card for Libre Office, is there any fix for that? It says 'Could not mount MY SD CARD' Failed to execute child process "gnome mount"

Also when I do get the correct file, how do I get LIbre to point to it? Is it Tools-Advanced-JavaOptions then Add? Or Parameters like you just said? I am just making sure. Because if it is Parameters and say I put this file in "MY SD CARD - appdata - java"

Then how do I type that? I would know on Windows but Linux seems a tad different.. I think? I am a total noob so far.

Also, will Java speed things up? OR just remove that consistent warning? Opening up a docx file took a long time to load and then it was a bit laggy (was a big file but still) I am at 700mh on a CC unit.

So I found "jdk1.7.0_60" for arm + softfloat from the oracle website, I think that is the latest? Does the program need all of it? Kind of large at 118MBs, won't it be accessing the SD card a ton just to use it?

Okay it;'s installed, and I suppose it's not too slow. I just now need to figure out how to scroll through windws on the Pandora.

Well, Google Docs does not work. It just gives me errors and then Docs emails me about blocked sign in attempts. A bit disappointing.

Good that you managed to install java.

I must say that I never tried google docs. I have enabled it in the compilation and that's all.

Good that you managed to install java.

I must say that I never tried google docs. I have enabled it in the compilation and that's all.
Google blocks it so maybe a security setting on their part?

Why is this necessary? Why doesn't it recognize the java PND? Does it just need to be updated or is there something else missing?

Why is this necessary? Why doesn't it recognize the java PND? Does it just need to be updated or is there something else missing?
I would like to know this as well. I just started programming and I really doubt I could recompile something to fix it (even if it's a simple fix) but I am curious.

I would like to know this as well. I just started programming and I really doubt I could recompile something to fix it (even if it's a simple fix) but I am curious.
The search for the jdk looked for more than just the java executable. So the propet way would be to automount java pnd at start.
I would have to check the code first to be sure. So I first need to find where to look, LO is quite big you know.

I would like to know this as well. I just started programming and I really doubt I could recompile something to fix it (even if it's a simple fix) but I am curious. Again, I just really started programming recently (I only understand GML so far, Game Maker Language which is like Java Syntax I think) so I not very familiar with opening and messing with source code.
The search for the jdk looked for more than just the java executable. So the propet way would be to automount java pnd at start.
I would have to check the code first to be sure. So I first need to find where to look, LO is quite big you know.
By check the code do you mean the source code for LO or the source code for the Open Pandora version?

Also I keep getting the Gnome Mount error when trying to point to anything on the SD Card for Libre Office, is there any fix for that? It says 'Could not mount MY SD CARD' Failed to execute child process "gnome mount"
I have a fix for this.

Back