Appdata Folder Is Not Being Used, Apps Instead?

silver

Briefly: Have new Pandora, all working fine.

Have lots of PNDs running that - according to docs - use the appdata folder. However, thery don't - they just create subdirs in the SD/apps/ folder instead...

e.g. DX1/DX2 rebirth, puae, psx-rearmed, reminiscence - all created directorys under /pandora/apps/ not /pandora/appdata....

I assume (?) this is something to do with booting the OS off a SD card, and using the SD card to also store PNDS - but it does not make much sense?

Any ideas? I only noticed when I had to add game data to use dx1, dx2 and reminiscece - and only dx1/dx2 work.

Hmm that does seem strange.

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas to help, but you better not let DaveC see this thread; he'll be green with envy that your Pandora is doing that!

Pleng said:
Hmm that does seem strange.

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas to help, but you better not let DaveC see this thread; he'll be green with envy that your Pandora is doing that!

Yes I have to say I personally prefer it, but I've run into a wall with reminiscence - where sticking the data manually in appdata or in the "reminiscence" folder the pnd creates under /pandora/apps/ does not work.

I can only assume that an attempt to write to appdata is made and fails (although I have chmod 777 the /pandora/appdata folder to test with no joy) and it defaults to the pnd directory.

This on a latest tarball extracted onto a SD and autobooted. I was surprised this has not happened to anyone else - I've done a complete rebuild with the same result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the only reason for appdata to NOT be created is missing rights.
Is this a FAT32 card (no rights management here) or maybe some EXT2 / EXT3?

EvilDragon said:
Well, the only reason for appdata to NOT be created is missing rights.
Is this a FAT32 card (no rights management here) or maybe some EXT2 / EXT3?

Yes should have said:

EXT2 formatted 16gb SD. Formatted and root image extracted on the Pandora. Single partition, OS booting off the SD via autoboot.txt.

Made a /pandora/apps and a /pandora/appdata dir on the SD. PNDs detected and run fine.

As mentioned above, Chmod 777 /pandora/appdata does not sort it. Can't see anything relevant in the /tmp/pndrun output but not sure what to look for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back