Let's think about a killer game...

For retro killer games with x86 emulation:

Diablo2

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (tell this people in Russia and Poland and you will have a huge fanbase)

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2

Gothic 1 (and maybe 2)

Ultima 9

Native:

Minecraft

And native thanks notaz; Star Craft

I'd like to see a game similar to Geometry Wars 2. I loved how fun and addicting that game was.

Greyout is probably my favourite original IP on Pandora, played to completion (which I don't do with many games).

I have always been saddened that Rainy Day never went anywhere, also wasn't there a cool looking pirate game screenshots (maybe even early demo) touted a long time ago which looked cool but never surfaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I'd like to think that my own game {Project_Morpheus} would be pretty decent, but considering that it will be my second game and my first game done all alone is somewhat daunting.  If I had a Pandora, I would love to try all of these games out.  In theory, most of these games should work on the soon to be released Pyra, right?  Is there anything that could break compatibility? 

-Glyph Reader

Last edited by a moderator:
There's lots that could break compatibility from different SGX drivers, different DSP, hardfloat versus softfloat, debian vs angstrom differences to just TI dicking about with stuff needlessly. But I don't expect many games to disappear - maybe someone will bundle the angstrom softfloat libs in a chrooted environment, and that will fix at least two of the issues, or in any case, I'd hope most PND packagers will be able to compile their stuff for Pyra very easily, so most stuff will get rebuilt pretty quickly.

Greyout is probably my favourite original IP on Pandora, played to completion (which I don't do with many games).

I have always been saddened that Rainy Day never went anywhere, also wasn't there a cool looking pirate game screenshots (maybe even early demo) touted a long time ago which looked cool but never surfaced.
Pirate game was wandor. It got cancelled. I played the small demo that existed at gamescom.

Back