Lets Rock

woogal

Certified Guru
Website
gp32.sector808.org
duke2x.jpg

Doesn't actually play the game yet which is why there's only a screenshot of the intro ;).

Just thought I'd post to show how quickly some apps can be ported to the gp2x. Only had to remove all references to sdl_mixer and tweak a couple of other lines to get Duke3d running as far as loading the level (locks up at that point). This is a port of the icculus code, not my modified icculus code for the gp32. All compiler options are the same as for a normal linux port, I just changed it to use arm-linux-gcc supplied by GPH. Of course as I can't play the game yet I've got no idea how slow it may run (it's compiled with gcc 2.95 which is very, very old - the gp32 version uses gcc 4.0.1). Don't know how much more work may be involved, but I was very pleased to see how quickly and easily I could get dukey running on the 2x.

The bad news is that sdl_mixer (needed for sound) isn't currently supported in the libraries supplied by GPH and I don't know why. Hopefully it will actually work and they just didn't bother compiling it for some reason.

allready nie on gp, hopefully even nicer at gp2x, hopefully you get sound working :)
Craigix posted that theres a gcc4 for gp2x, did you try useing that?

(is gbax offline?)

Vimacs posted on Oct 12 2005 at 03:01 AM said:
Craigix posted that theres a gcc4 for gp2x, did you try useing that?
Not yet. Just wanted to make sure I could get something on the screen, and I already had the GPH supplied stuff set up. Going to try DJWillis's gcc4 tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coolness!
Duke3D is one of the games that I'd love to play on my GP2X...
The cheesy phrases in the game is the best.. "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum.. But I'm all out of gum." Hahaha... :D

on the gp2x wiki page it was said that sdl_mixer was allready compiled for the gp2x, dont if its really working but cant you contact the guy who ported it.
Anyway great to see you working on the gp2x! :)
hehe a duke3d port available at launch would be great!

This is great news! Its cool to see so much happening before the release. Even if its just a quick port it makes me very optimistic about what is going to be possible when people really start to put the hours in! GJ Woogal!

as i've seen you moved your port from gp32 to gp2x (ok not your port but a project to port duke3d to the gp2x), just a short question, do you think we can ever expect a blu+ fix for the gp32 or will you stay with your gp2x project by now?

Sonic-NKT posted on Oct 12 2005 at 01:50 PM said:
on the gp2x wiki page it was said that sdl_mixer was allready compiled for the gp2x, dont if its really working but cant you contact the guy who ported it.
Theoddbot pointed out to me yesterday that he'd got sdl_mixer compiled (don't know if anyone has tested it on hardware yet though). Was planning to try it last night but my net connection has died :(

Purity posted on Oct 12 2005 at 11:31 PM said:
as i've seen you moved your port from gp32 to gp2x (ok not your port but a project to port duke3d to the gp2x), just a short question, do you think we can ever expect a blu+ fix for the gp32 or will you stay with your gp2x project by now?
You will certainly see a blu+ version as well as other improvements. I can't see myself moving fully away from the gp32 for a long time to come (if ever) as it's just too much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back