Let's Get Excited About The Gp2x.

lobski

And I don't mean just emu's or anything. Are there any big homebrew projects going on that'll change a way a person sees a GP2x? What are some of the more interesting ongoing projects?

I am excited as hell about alex' new tower defense game "sqdef". It's going to be great. The graphics look ace, and the gameplay features nice twists and sound very promising.

I'm excited about getting my 2x back from Germany with the new d-pad mod, finally I will be able to play minesweeper and Sudoku the way they were meant to be.

Other than that I prefer to wait until everything is finished or as good as they are going to get. It's not that I don't feel your excitement with all the updates it's just that I am so technically challenged that I can never tell if the emus have crashed or I haven't set them up properly.

I'm actually most excited or expectant for very utilitarian things:

* Open2X - Me Want!
* Gmenu2x 0.9 non-beta - I want, too.

These are, as far as I understand, knocking about in a "will be ready soonish" way.

Apart from that, there are lots of exiting things, but I'm too busy playing with the toys I already have (at the moment mostly gbSP) to be really overexcited :)

xnopasaranx said:
I am excited as hell about alex' new tower defense game "sqdef". It's going to be great. The graphics look ace, and the gameplay features nice twists and sound very promising.
yes, really can't wait for this!

Moxie said:
I'm actually most excited or expectant for very utilitarian things:

* Open2X - Me Want!
* Gmenu2x 0.9 non-beta - I want, too.

These are, as far as I understand, knocking about in a "will be ready soonish" way.

Apart from that, there are lots of exiting things, but I'm too busy playing with the toys I already have (at the moment mostly gbSP) to be really overexcited :)
definitely will enjoy getting my hands on open2x and gmenu2x (non beta)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think DexOS will be cool, as it will give coders the chance to use the full power of the Gp2x, without linux getting in the way.
The best bit is, you will be able to, use the new OS, without needing to get rid of linux.
Just because there not much written about this OS, does not mean there nowork or progress ;).

Cervante said:
Im suprised none made a video strip poker game
There is a game where you "tile dive" and the more panels you uncover the more of the nakedness you get to see. I forget what it is called though.

Does anyone actually have hopes for great PSX emulation on the gp2x? IMO, I don't think the gp2x can ever achieve full speed with PSX! :eek:

Perhaps I'm pessimistic.

lobski said:
Does anyone actually have hopes for great PSX emulation on the gp2x? IMO, I don't think the gp2x can ever achieve full speed with PSX! :eek:

Perhaps I'm pessimistic.
Everybody knows it will never reach near fullspeed. However, lots of games run already at good speed.

I guess it will be possible (counting on Zodttd and Una-i's talent) that we have like full speed with some frame skipping, I don't mind frame skipping for FFVIII or Resident Evil. And as everyone agreed before, if it didin't work, it will help the team (and other people) later when a new GPxX comes out :)

edit: typo

Considering what Zodttd said is left to be done, I actually think we might get FFVII to fullspeed with sound eventually.

Back