LED issues with Super Zaxxon 1.54

Monkfish

I realise that i'm not the only one experiencing issues with the LED settings, but on my 1GHz unit i change the power LED setting to 0 for normal usage (because i'm looking at the screen and know my unit is on) and  8 in low-power mode, so that i can tell the unit is on when i have the lid closed. I confirm these new settings, apply them and save them, the new settings are visible in the LEDs but the unit always reverts back to the default LED brightness settings. I very rarely turn my unit off so the old settings dont revert on reboot or anything like that, they just seem to override the new settings i apply. When i go back to the LED settings menu the new values i put in place still exist so it seems they have been saved despite not being applied - can anyone shed some light on this issue? 

NB: when upgrading to Super Zaxxon v.54 i did a full reflash as i always do, i have done a subsequent reflash to see if this resolved the issue, unfortunately this did not help. It's also worth noting that i think i missed out on SZ v.53, maybe this could be the root of the problem. if anyone has any ideas let me know i'd like to get this solved.

Ok, got a problem, It might be related to this so i'll post it there...

after a crash I noticed that my power led doesn't dim anymore when in low power...

so I tried rebooting my pandora, it didn't change anything...

right after that I powered off my unit... the damn power led is still lit even when the unit is off...

I tried removing the battery, wait a dozen of second... the behaviour after that is exactly the same, the power led is lit whatever I do as long as there's a battery in...

is it haunted?

edit SZ1.55 here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Try removing battery for 20 minutes at least, to fully reset PMIC chip. If the problem persists it's mostly likely a short somewhere on the board..

no luck after a 6 hours pause without battery...

do I have a way to manually toggle the power led value (using the cli or such?)

I could also give a try to reflash the unit I guess but I'd rather wait for the 1.6 release...

Ok, after some more tries I can confirm that the led settings has no effect at all...

I'll wait for the SZ1.6 stable release and I'll try that, but just in case it do not work, can I without too much risk open my pandora to see if seomthing is amiss inside the case?

if you take all the reasonable precautions (see ED's videos) then it should be quite safe to remove from the casing carefully.

I agree... and while it's not that bad by itself it's rather frightening since as I understood this led is driver directly by the power management IC...

Ok, SZ1.6 definately did not help... guess I'll ask ed's for advice and try to open it if he's ok with that...

Back