Lcd Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredAccount

Still Fresh
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the LCD's? I figure if all of us in the community flood the manufacturers inbox with emails, Craig will get the LCD's and we will all get our Pandoras sooner!

As one, a stick can easily be broken, but if joined together they form a mighty fag!

(fag·ot also fag·got (fgt) - n. - 1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.)

probably just piss them off.
they just listen to money, if you left bundles of cash on their doorstep you might get your lcd shipped to gb2x faster....

but anyway, i would assume even if its a good idea that they would recommend against it

we need to put the squeeze on the distributor

oh and very clever metaphor....

You aren't serious, are you?
That won't help or even make things worse IMO
Those LCDs are among the best you can get, and they should still be obtainable after the first batch. If you piss them off they might not be interested in further cooperation.

You'd think that after Archos has stopped buying these LCDs in large numbers for the 605 that there would be a surplus. I can't really think of many things that use a 4.3" 800x480 screen. (honestly)

they arent delaying the lcds because they dont like us or something....
so grindin their gears wont really help :)

I think they produce in time and don't put too much on the shelves, that just costs money. You can be sure, that they produce other screens as well and so even if archos doesn't buy the small LCDs any more, the factory is still busy with other orders.

fischju2000 said:
You'd think that after Archos has stopped buying these LCDs in large numbers for the 605 that there would be a surplus. I can't really think of many things that use a 4.3" 800x480 screen. (honestly)
You might be surprised: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&&q=4.3%22+screen

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%...amp;btnG=Search

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/ifig...MP4-FTR16-.html

I wouldn't bug them, I am sure that Craig is bugging them just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fry_Guy1440 said:
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the LCD's? I figure if all of us in the community flood the manufacturers inbox with emails, Craig will get the LCD's and we will all get our Pandoras sooner!
NO.

This is very bad idea, and I'm assuming you may be a bit young so I'll explain why, briefly.

If that were to happen (flooding someone's mailbox like that) it would cast a very unprofessional light on the entire project, and potentially derail communications between the LCD manufacturer and Pandora execs (i.e. Craig). To the LCD maker, this is just another business deal - a flood of immature whining emails would be a huge embarassment for the Pandora project at best. And it would most assuredly NOT speed up anything one bit. Quite the opposite is more likely.

Prophet said:
Fry_Guy1440 said:
NO.

This is very bad idea, and I'm assuming you may be a bit young so I'll explain why, briefly.

If that were to happen (flooding someone's mailbox like that) it would cast a very unprofessional light on the entire project, and potentially derail communications between the LCD manufacturer and Pandora execs (i.e. Craig). To the LCD maker, this is just another business deal - a flood of immature whining emails would be a huge embarassment for the Pandora project at best. And it would most assuredly NOT speed up anything one bit. Quite the opposite is more likely.

exactly!

(my god... :rolleyes: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back