Last Resort - Fenix Game

argon0

Nice, bit short, completed it on my second go....

Bring on more missions...

Could you make it so that you could charge the Ball at the same time as shooting...

Argon0

Actually better than nice - played it again - just want more of it now!!! Very slick reminds me of R-Type - but better graphics!!!

Argon0

Nice, bit short, completed it on my second go....

Bring on more missions...

Could you make it so that you could charge the Ball at the same time as shooting...

Argon0

It is only the first level of the actual game. If all levels were in it it would be a good size. The weapon system is like the original so don't expect a change there.

I am surprised how smooth it is considering it is a Fenix game and not done in "c" . If all of the levels were added and the gamma was fixed for some of the backgrounds it would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like shooters and this game is showing great, great promise.
I like the way that the graphics were ripped from the original Neo Geo game. However, this first demo does not try to be exactly like the original - and this is not a bad thing. Just like Beats of Rage ripped sprites from other games but stood as its own thing.
It also showcases clearly the potential of the Fenix runtime and the quality of its implementation - the sound was really clear (sound cracking is a thing of the past, it seems) and the gameplay was very smooth.
I can't wait to see the future development of this game. Congratulations, Kabal, for this work and please keep moving on.

Back