Last Blade 2

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
I recently got addicted to this game via MAME emulation (with Neo-geo bios), I also love Samurai Showdown it would seem, are there any other really cool samurai/ninja fighting games around for any console? (preferably one which is very graphics intensive as let's face it, fighting games must look good).

Thanks

-Tom

I recently got addicted to this game via MAME emulation (with Neo-geo bios), I also love Samurai Showdown it would seem, are there any other really cool samurai/ninja fighting games around for any console? (preferably one which is very graphics intensive as let's face it, fighting games must look good).

Thanks

-Tom

Bruce Lee C64 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Tom, you've started at the very top, you can only go down from there!

But give the original Last Blade a try - it actually has nicer graphics even if the gameplay is almost identical. There's also Samurai Showdown 0 Special if you haven't tried it out already, but I've read mixed opinions so I'm undecided myself.

The first Bushido Blade game on PS1 is another good sword-based fight in a similar vein to Last Blade, albeit in 3D with added realism (one-hit kills!).

Can't think of any other recommendations right now - there's Way of the Samurai on PS2 which is a decent story-led fighter but the fighting system is kinda crud. Didn't have the patience to get to the end of that one.

Soul Caliber - DC
Soul Caliber II - GC/PS2/XB although I like the GC version the best

Last Blade rocks... I've got it and Last Blade 2 on MVS cart for the NeoGeo. One of the best fighting games ever.

It was released on DC and PS2, IIRC. Also on pocket form for the NGPC.

MVS owner here, too :)

I also have the DC version which is nearly identical apart from an added card game that's almost unplayable without some knowledge of Japanese. Still, by far the best weapons based fighter available on any platform IMO - pisses all over Soul Calibur from a great height.

Thank you all, I just completed it with my favourite character, Okina. Shame it's an arcade game really otherwise I'd probably be able to play the final boss.

I think when I get my GP32 again (which is actually soon since I'm going to sell my guitar!) I'll try the Neo-Geo Pocket Colour port, does it work on the emulator?

Thanks again

-Tom

Sounds familiar. I mean, fair enough the bosses in the first game were a little too easy but that guy is just ridiculous! Cheapest boss since Goenitz in King of Fighters 96.

Have you manged to beat him yet?

Sounds familiar. I mean, fair enough the bosses in the first game were a little too easy but that guy is just ridiculous! Cheapest boss since Goenitz in King of Fighters 96.

Have you manged to beat him yet?
Yeah, took a few goes but with Okina I'm invicible!
Who's every body else's character of choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, haven't played it in such a long while so I really couldn't tell you! But I've just put LB2 back in my cab so I'll give it a go :)

I remember liking Lee Rekka because he's a fantastic Wong Fei Hung character, but I also remember being more effective with Kaede, especially his original incarnation.

Oh, and here's my review of LB1 if anyone's interested - http://www.animeboredom.co.uk/games-review...-last-blade/21/ :p

Back