Lanyard Hole?

I wasn't sure about this at first - wrist straps would seem to be a bit perfunctory......

Then I realised that both of my digital cameras have them. And I always use them whilst I'm on holiday.
So I guess I'm paranoid about knackering up expensive gadgets ;)

And if the P is as half as exciting as I'm thinking it's gonna be (and will be used far more frequently than any camera) :lol:
Then it's far more important that it gets the best protection available. :p

Is Jack Bauer available to keep it safe?!

I hate wrist straps. Just removes any coolness. The only time I ever use one is when sightseeing and taking photos on and off all day.

It's a bit crap, but you could do something like this:

f2ov21.jpg

You'd need a lanyard with a pretty long loop, but at least it doesn't involve drilling holes.

That looks like someone has a Pandora on a leash, lets go for a case instead. I plan on getting one of those cases with soft foam blocks that you can choose to cut out or leave in, that has a nice messenger bag strap on it.

if the case adds to the overall thickness of the pandora it may not fit some people pockets(totally guessing here).
did the team already made the final case? if yes this discussion has been in vain(i think), unless they decide to add it in the 2nd batch as it isn't an change that would split the community :)

How is a case an alternative to a lanyard?

A lanyard is for when you're using it. Or at least holding it in your hand.

In fact, I can't think of when I would use a case at all. It already clamshells, and if it was much larger it wouldn't fit in my pocket.

I don't see why there's a big debate over this
either there is a lanyard hole, or there isn't.
if there is, those who want a lanyard will use it, those who don't don't have to.
if there isn't, this whole discussion is moot.

magicman5421 said:
Because this is a forum on the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicman5421 said:
either there is a lanyard hole, or there isn't.
if there is, those who want a lanyard will use it, those who don't don't have to.
if there isn't, this whole discussion is moot.
Exactly.

If there is still time in the testing/fitment/tweaks phase of the case molding step, it would be a neat add on feature.

If it happens to somehow show up with a hole for a wrist strap, it doesn't mean that any of you -have- to use one. If it doesn't, I'll be figuring out how to add one.

Options I've considered...

-If the case is thick enough, drill a 1/16" hole diagonally through the bottom left hand edge of the plastic (with the guts removed of course)

-If the case is thin, then drill two 1/16" holes through the left side of the case then put in two pop rivets in as gromets (guts removed, and assuming there is anyplace to do this without impinging on what's supposed to be in there

-Gorilla glue a 3/4" long 1/2" wide metal plate with a stamped cut & raised center strip to the side of the machine

-Remove one of the screws from the bottom of the case, find a screw with the same thread and 1/16" longer, wrap the lanyard end around the screw then reinsert it into the case

If I can't make one of those work, it will be time to get creative.

riosingh said:
WALKIEEEEES.
Now all we need is a "PandoraPuppies" game, or something, to complete the experience. :p

In all seriousness, I think Kagato's long-loop thing would make an acceptable compromise for me if there isn't a hole on the casing - although I'm not sure where to find a wrist-strap with a loop that long. :p

I own one of the UK's biggest lanyard and wriststrap suppliers.

So if Craig and Co were thinking about something like this, I am happy help out, get samples produced free of charge, and supply the finished product at cost price. We can print on them too.

A hole attachment would be the easiest option, but probably too late for the current batch - surely remolding the case would be too expensive, even for a subsequent batch? Strength is an issue too, look at the DS and PSP, there fittings are more than just a wee plastic ring stuck on.

I had some n-gage ones floating about a few years back....

For the record, although I make my living off them, I would not use one!

Back