Lanyard Hole?

Grench

Forum Addict!
Yes, I'm clumsy.

Is there already a lanyard hole planned for the left side of the case?

If not, is it too late to add one?

Thank you.

Grench said:
Yes, I'm clumsy.

Is there already a lanyard hole planned for the left side of the case?

If not, is it too late to add one?

Thank you.
Hi Grench, no I don't believe they added a lanyard hole and the design is already established for any changes. The device really isn't small or light enough for one and it is too expensive i'd gather to have hanging from it.

Welcome to the board. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Japanese thing isn't it? Do a lot of Japanese kids carry their Gameboy and PSP round this way?

I've always thought those holes were for wrist straps... Didn't know anyone used a lanyard.

Just to make sure I wasn't loosing the ability to communicate in English I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanyard
A lanyard, laniard, or wrist strap is a rope or cord often worn around the neck or wrist to carry something. Aboard ship, it may refer to a piece of rigging used to secure objects, or to a cord with a hook at the end which is used to fire a cannon.

Whew. Brain cells in tact.

Indeed. On a device such as this, wrist and even neck straps are intended as more of a damage prevention mechanism than something to be worn. I have seen little kids run around with their DS dangling from their wrist, and while it may make them look stupid, :lol: in reality they're smarter than the kid without the wrist strap that lets their DS smash to the ground.

I hope there ends up being a mounting hole somewhere, if not I'll find some way of making one with minimal case intrusion.

Ah, good point. I'm just accustomed to lanyards referring solely to ones worn around the neck. Sadly, no, there most likely won't be a wrist strap/lanyard hole.

Grench said:
ashdjones said:
It's a Japanese thing isn't it? Do a lot of Japanese kids carry their Gameboy and PSP round this way?
Vorporeal said:
I've always thought those holes were for wrist straps... Didn't know anyone used a lanyard.
Ahh... Apparently there are different conceptions on what a lanyard hole is for.

No, I have no intentions of wearing the thing on my neck. It would be a hole for a wrist strap, teather or other.

Well, here in America, I've seen plenty of people with PSPs around their necks, so I don't think it's a Japanese thing.

It is good idea. Actually I'll expect some kind strip attachment. It is good as fall protection and as anti theft protection. Just imagine: you play traveling by bus/tram/metro and someone accidentally collide with you. Or other example: playing while traveling by urban mass transportation and suddenly some robber catch you Pandora and run away second before doors close.
You know, shit happens.

kin said:
Yeah would be nice to have something around the wrist while holding it in mid air.
+1.

I wouldn't like to use it in a public place without a wrist-strap for the reasons peca listed. It's the same with my DS, too.

Grench said:
Whew. Brain cells in tact.
:lol:

I would never use the hole in my yard's LAN because I don't get good connectivity there. :D

No, seriously. I don't use it because it restrains my hands from ever leaving the handheld, and so quickly becomes a bother as I put it on, take it off, put it on, etc.

mechanizeddeath said:
Indeed. On a device such as this, wrist and even neck straps are intended as more of a damage prevention mechanism than something to be worn. I have seen little kids run around with their DS dangling from their wrist, and while it may make them look stupid, :lol: in reality they're smarter than the kid without the wrist strap that lets their DS smash to the ground.

I hope there ends up being a mounting hole somewhere, if not I'll find some way of making one with minimal case intrusion.
I wouldn't care if I had to open the case to reinforce something. The DS/PSP (I believe) has a thick metal bar running around the whole bottom half of the unit connected to the lanyard hole which is handy since that would reduce the risk of the hole being ripped up and cause it to be useless.

i think that a dev should give an answer to this topic(if possible).
i'd like an hole for an wrist strap/lanyard

Zoppe said:
Couldn't you... make one?

I have to say though, i've never seen anyone in the UK using a wrist-strap.

ashdjones said:
Zoppe said:

Nor me. I don't drop stuff, and when I do it's from performing tricks with it and failing. Only time I've had portable electronics suffer damage was slipping on ice and having my camera jump out of my pocket, smashing the screen.

Cases > wrist straps.

Think i would rather i didn't have a lanyard hold. have never ever bothered with them, except of my old camera. but that one was attached when i got it so i never removed it.

cools said:
ashdjones said:
Zoppe said:

Nor me. I don't drop stuff, and when I do it's from performing tricks with it and failing. Only time I've had portable electronics suffer damage was slipping on ice and having my camera jump out of my pocket, smashing the screen.

Cases > wrist straps.

I agree, but what kind?

just cutting a hole in the case really isnt enough, it needs to be reinforced somehow - preferably with some form of metal.
anyway, i think this is a good idea, and i would certainly find it useful (im a klutz also).

Back